    I'm not spamming - these people have all requested the information I am
    sending them. (just so you know)

    Thanks in advance for any help ...
    Mrs BeebleBrock, Mar 15, 2006

  2. Mrs BeebleBrock

    Alan Guest

    "Mrs BeebleBrock" <> wrote in message
    news:TZKRf.6246$...
    > In the past I've successfully sent mass emails through MS Word that
    > are personalised to each recipient. However, now I want to attach a
    > PDF file to a mass email and cannot find a way to do this in the
    > mail merge process.
    >
    > We are using Outlook 2003 - is there a way to do it from within this
    > mail programme? I'd really like it to look as though each person is
    > receiving an individual email, not a part of a mass mail out.
    >
    > I'm not spamming - these people have all requested the information I
    > am sending them. (just so you know)
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help ...

    Hi,

    I don't think you can do that with an attachment included.

    You could put the attachment on your website, and send a link.

    HTH,

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb
    Alan, Mar 15, 2006

  3. Alan wrote:

    > "Mrs BeebleBrock" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In the past I've successfully sent mass emails through MS Word that
    >>are personalised to each recipient. However, now I want to attach a
    >>PDF file to a mass email and cannot find a way to do this in the
    >>mail merge process.
    >>
    >>We are using Outlook 2003 - is there a way to do it from within this
    >>mail programme? I'd really like it to look as though each person is
    >>receiving an individual email, not a part of a mass mail out.
    >>
    >>I'm not spamming - these people have all requested the information I
    >>am sending them. (just so you know)
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance for any help ...

    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't think you can do that with an attachment included.
    >
    > You could put the attachment on your website, and send a link.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Alan.

    Thanks for replying so quickly! Unfortunately the webmaster is away
    today. I'll just have to do this manually.
    Mrs BeebleBrock, Mar 15, 2006
  4. In article <TZKRf.6246$>, Mrs BeebleBrock <> wrote:
    >In the past I've successfully sent mass emails through MS Word that are
    >personalised to each recipient. However, now I want to attach a PDF file
    >to a mass email and cannot find a way to do this in the mail merge process.
    >
    >We are using Outlook 2003 - is there a way to do it from within this
    >mail programme? I'd really like it to look as though each person is
    >receiving an individual email, not a part of a mass mail out.
    >
    >I'm not spamming - these people have all requested the information I am
    >sending them. (just so you know)
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any help ...

    Is there really anything in the .pdf that you can't simply include as text
    in the email ? Really ? :)
    Smaller and friendlier IMO. Attachments is generally what gets me off email
    lists :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 15, 2006
  5. Mrs BeebleBrock

    Dave Taylor Guest

    z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote
    in news:J0NRf.6289$:

    > Is there really anything in the .pdf that you can't simply include as
    > text in the email ? Really ? :)
    > Smaller and friendlier IMO. Attachments is generally what gets me off
    > email lists :)

    Yup, email is ok in black and white!
    Link can be ok most of the time.
    PDF's attached are the worst.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Mar 15, 2006
  6. Dave Taylor wrote:

    > z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote
    > in news:J0NRf.6289$:
    >

    >>Is there really anything in the .pdf that you can't simply include as
    >>text in the email ? Really ? :)
    >>Smaller and friendlier IMO. Attachments is generally what gets me off
    >>email lists :)
    >>

    > Yup, email is ok in black and white!
    > Link can be ok most of the time.
    > PDF's attached are the worst.

    It's a flyer with a registration form with lovely photos and boxes to be
    ticked. It's beautiful and I cannot be arsed re-doing it in an ugly txt
    format to include it as email content.
    Mrs BeebleBrock, Mar 15, 2006
  7. In article <Ni_Rf.6405$>, Mrs BeebleBrock <> wrote:
    >Dave Taylor wrote:
    >> z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote
    >> in news:J0NRf.6289$:

    >>>Is there really anything in the .pdf that you can't simply include as
    >>>text in the email ? Really ? :)
    >>>Smaller and friendlier IMO. Attachments is generally what gets me off
    >>>email lists :)

    >> Yup, email is ok in black and white!
    >> Link can be ok most of the time.
    >> PDF's attached are the worst.
    >>

    >It's a flyer with a registration form with lovely photos and boxes to be
    >ticked. It's beautiful and I cannot be arsed re-doing it in an ugly txt
    >format to include it as email content.

    So ... "no" is the answer then :)

    Expect many to opt out of your email list after you have sent it to them :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 16, 2006
  8. Mrs BeebleBrock

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <tk1Sf.6455$>,
    z says...
    > In article <Ni_Rf.6405$>, Mrs BeebleBrock <> wrote:
    > >Dave Taylor wrote:
    > >> z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote
    > >> in news:J0NRf.6289$:

    > >> Yup, email is ok in black and white!
    > >> Link can be ok most of the time.
    > >> PDF's attached are the worst.
    > >>

    > >It's a flyer with a registration form with lovely photos and boxes to be
    > >ticked. It's beautiful and I cannot be arsed re-doing it in an ugly txt
    > >format to include it as email content.

    > So ... "no" is the answer then :)
    >
    > Expect many to opt out of your email list after you have sent it to them :)

    In the real world Bruce, many folk get and send .pdf's via email. Get
    used to it.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Mar 16, 2006
  9. Resolved it quite nicely: Our IT guy shared the PDF on a directory with
    an https: prefix and I was able to include a link in my mail merge.
    Mrs BeebleBrock, Mar 16, 2006
  10. Mrs BeebleBrock

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Mrs BeebleBrock <> wrote in news:Xb4Sf.6492
    $:

    > Resolved it quite nicely: Our IT guy shared the PDF on a directory with
    > an https: prefix and I was able to include a link in my mail merge.

    Win - Win

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Mar 16, 2006
  11. In article <>, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >In article <tk1Sf.6455$>,
    > says...
    >> In article <Ni_Rf.6405$>, Mrs BeebleBrock

    > <> wrote:

    >> >It's a flyer with a registration form with lovely photos and boxes to be
    >> >ticked. It's beautiful and I cannot be arsed re-doing it in an ugly txt
    >> >format to include it as email content.

    >> So ... "no" is the answer then :)
    >>
    >> Expect many to opt out of your email list after you have sent it to them :)

    >In the real world Bruce, many folk get and send .pdf's via email. Get
    >used to it.

    Happy to accept that ... but it's still not clever :)
    ... and luckily, stupidity is still not illegal :) :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)
    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 20, 2006