    Many, many thanks!!!

    Digger
    , Apr 24, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > How do I get rid of the paragraph symbol that appears whenever I
    > create a blank document or attempt to open a saved document? Also,
    > I now get a dot between words that I never used to get.

    Is there a "paragraph symbol" button on your toolbar? Click it.

    There is also a setting somewhere in the options.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 24, 2006

  3. Guest

    BTS,

    Nothing that I could see in OPTIONS menu.

    PARAGRAPH in the FORMAT menu has two options, neither of which seem
    useful
    Indents/Spacing and Line & Page Breaks

    TEMPLATES & ADD-INS in the TOOLS menu seems close but not precisely
    what I need. Starting with DOCUMENT TEMPLATE > NORMAL >
    ReadWordsLite.dot

    So I'm still groping!!!
    , Apr 24, 2006
  4. FML Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm back again with yet another bonehead question on Word.
    >
    > How do I get rid of the paragraph symbol that appears whenever I create
    > a blank document or attempt to open a saved document? Also, I now get
    > a dot between words that I never used to get.
    >
    > It sounds like I need to reset the document template but the HELP
    > SCREENS are worthless when it comes to finding a solution to this
    > specific problem.
    >
    > Many, many thanks!!!
    >
    > Digger

    Tools-->Options click on the View tab.
    Look in the middle at the section titled: Formatting Marks.
    Make sure "All" is un-ticked (as well as any others in this section).
    Click OK.
    FML, Apr 24, 2006
  5. Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-24, <> wrote:
    > BTS,
    >
    > Nothing that I could see in OPTIONS menu.
    >
    > PARAGRAPH in the FORMAT menu has two options, neither of which seem
    > useful
    > Indents/Spacing and Line & Page Breaks
    >
    > TEMPLATES & ADD-INS in the TOOLS menu seems close but not precisely
    > what I need. Starting with DOCUMENT TEMPLATE > NORMAL >
    > ReadWordsLite.dot
    >
    > So I'm still groping!!!

    I can't call up Word right now but maybe try the View menu...

    It sounds like you have the formatting characters showing. The dots
    represent spaces between words. The para symbol is showing you a new
    paragraph (so you know that as opposed to just a line wrap).

    Those settings can be useful when you are editing/formatting. Somewhere
    there's a "show format characters"...

    --
    Word menus: Be optimistic! With all that horseshit, there has to be a
    pony in there somewhere.
    Jimchip, Apr 24, 2006
  6. Guest

    BINGO!!!