    Does anyone have some experience with this OS and any special security
    requirements?

    Larry
    Lawrence E. Oliver, Feb 21, 2006

  2. Lawrence E. Oliver

    CJ Guest

    Lawrence E. Oliver wrote:
    > I am thinking about going to MS Win XP Pro x64 edition in a new
    > system that I am building and am wondering what AV & firewalls will
    > run on it.
    > Does anyone have some experience with this OS and any special security
    > requirements?
    >
    > Larry

    You might want to check whether or not your printer, scanner, camera,
    whatever have 64 bit drivers available.

    Google should tell you all you need to know on AV and security..

    Presumably x64 has some special features you need?

    CJ
    CJ, Feb 21, 2006

  3. My system is 64 bit capable and I was curious - haven't finished building it
    yet.

    Larry

    Lawrence E. Oliver, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Lawrence E. Oliver

    Shade Guest

    I am aware that AVG has anti-virus for it. On my Pro x64 box, I'm
    running AVG & firewall.

    Cheers,
    Curtis

    Shade, Mar 1, 2006