    what's the difference... ?
    is one easier, better, faster, than the other ?

    Thanks for your answer!!

    Mail, Dec 1, 2006

  2. If VMWare has a 30 day trial try them both. You can run them on the same
    system with a caveat or two.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Different programs, both trying to accomplish essentially similar things. I
    use both of them, depending on what I'm doing. VMWare has more features, but
    my perception is that Virtual Server/VPC is more stable.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 1, 2006
  4. VMWare Server is still free, so that's a good way to get a feel for VMWare.
    And yeah, I run them both. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 1, 2006
  5. Mail

    UBfusion Guest

    For me, it's not a matter of easyness, speed or convenience, but of
    compatibility and expandability. VMware allows me to work with older
    hardware and software not compatible with XP32 or XP64.

    E.g. I regularly mount my old USB scanner that has no drivers for x64
    into a XP32 virtual machine and scan perfectly.

    Or I mount my old USB Infrared dongle and synchronize my cell phone.

    Of course, all old software (even 16 bit) works perfectly in a VM. Most
    serial, parallel and USB devices, bluetooth etc work too. I don't know
    if Virtual PC is so flexible regarding hardware.

    UBfusion, Dec 1, 2006
  6. I use MS Virtual PC 2007 beta on the Windows XP Pro Host, it's good.
    I use VMWare Workstation on the Linux (SLED10) host, it's good.
    Apparently XEN is the one to watch, it's all a bit complicated to set up at
    the moment apparently but they are saying "watch this space".
    Cheers from Peter.

    =?Utf-8?B?cG1jY3JhY2thbg==?=, Dec 2, 2006