MS VS .NET passing parameter to Javascript

Discussion in 'Software' started by renoreno, Aug 23, 2007.

  1. renoreno

    renoreno

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    help!! MS VS .NET passing parameter to Javascript

    Hello,

    I am attempting to pass a parameter into my JavaScript method call.

    Code:
     <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" runat="server" NavigateUrl="javascript:NewCal('TextBox6','ddmmmyyyy',true,12);" >HyperLink</asp:HyperLink>
    :argh:

    TextBox6 is the ID for a textbox I have on the page. The problem occurs because the Masterpage I am using renames the ID from "TextBox6" to "ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$TextBox6" so I can use ‘TextBox6’ literally it needs to be a parameter that is recognised and changed accordingly when rendered.

    What is the best way to overcome this?

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

    Regards

    reno