    This behaviour was repeated, same indications; no way to read this cardtype, 256 MB / 1 GB regardless.

    Any clues as to this behaviour - and howto cure?

    Maria

    Maria, May 16, 2007

  2. Maria

    Mike Easter Guest

    Maria wrote:

    > Friend inserts his Sony/Sandisk MS Pro card and when, clicked on its
    > link, the machine freezes.
    > CTRL-ALT-DEL shows [msgsrv32 not responding].

    > howto cure?

    Remove and replace the cardreader driver install after checking for
    newest drivers at hama

    http://www.hama.de/service_lid2/download/drivers/usb/miscellaneous/index.hsp
    Home > Service > Download > Drivers > USB > Cardreader

    Workaround. Take the card to a photoshop and put the files on a CD.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 16, 2007

  3. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Gracias Mike! Will try!
    Maria

    "Mike Easter" <> schreef in bericht news:464b3b45$0$97250$...

    Maria, May 16, 2007
  4. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Re: MS-type Memorystick makes W98SE crash --SOLVED

    Hi all,

    the problem is/was in the firmware of the Hama 0047100 Cardreader.
    Once I found the new firmware, downloaded it and installed it -- the problem was gone.
    All memorysticks could be read without any trouble.

    For those who suffer from the same glitch, go to

    http://www.hama.de/portal/type*3/action*1026/searchMode*1/q*47100

    and get your new firmware to install.

    Read the .pdf first as not all installsteps are logical, I found.

    The drivers are unchanged from earlier on; I left them as they were.

    Ciao, Maria

    "Maria" <> schreef in bericht news:464b2891$0$32558$...
    Hi al --

    AMD 500 MHz W98SE desktop, 512 MB, plenty of storage, USB 4-port HUb >>
    Hama USB 9-in-1 memorycardreader, works fine for all CompactFlash cards. Original Hama W98SE Driver installed.

    Maria, May 17, 2007