    Thanks for any advice,

    Warm regards,

    Nick.
    =?Utf-8?B?Tmljaw==?=, May 16, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Tmljaw==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Nick,

    Are you referring to the MCA (Microsoft Certified Architect) program ?
    That program is still in beta, acc. to the MS site.

    You can get more info at
    <URL:http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/architect/default.asp>

    According to the FAQ :

    Q. What are the prerequisites/qualifications/ minimum requirements to
    enter the program?
    Q. What should I be doing now to prepare for the architect
    certification?
    Q. Who should consider the architect certification program?
    A. This certification will require advanced and verifiable experience
    as a working architect (likely to be at least 10 years). The Microsoft
    Certified Architect credential will not have a prepackaged curriculum
    or traditional exams. Rather, candidates must demonstrate their skills
    and knowledge by creating architectures that solve complex business
    problems and then present their solutions to a board of their peer
    architects.

    HTH,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, May 16, 2006

  3. This certification is a little different than most of our certifications.
    For the Microsoft Certified Architect program we are certifying practicing
    architects. Once accepted into the program, the candidate will work with a
    mentor, but the mentoring is meant to prepare the candidate for the
    interview process; the candidate should already have the skills and
    knowledge of an architect and should be applying those skills on their
    day-to-day workday. Here are some links to good content on IT architecture
    and good organizations to keep abreast of.
    www.microsoft.com/architecture
    www.bredemeyer.com
    www.iasahome.org

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Program Manager for the Microsoft Certified Architect program

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MSFT], May 16, 2006
  4. Hi Andy (and Cerebus),

    I may have misunderstood what I was told, but I was of the impression that
    once certain MS certifications had been achieved, AND that the architecture
    element mentioned below was also achieved, then the architecture
    certification could be applied for. It seems there are some parts to this I
    wasnt aware of, such as the mentoring and interview process.

    Thanks for the help,

    Nick.

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmljaw==?=, May 17, 2006
  5. "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Andy (and Cerebus),
    >
    > I may have misunderstood what I was told, but I was of the impression that
    > once certain MS certifications had been achieved, AND that the
    > architecture
    > element mentioned below was also achieved, then the architecture
    > certification could be applied for. It seems there are some parts to this
    > wasnt aware of, such as the mentoring and interview process.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > Nick.

    To be absolutely clear, we do not require any Microsoft certification in
    order to apply for the Microsoft Certified Architect program. The
    prerequisite for being accepted into the program is having experience as an
    IT architect and being selected from the pool of people that apply for entry
    into the program. Once in, the certification path requires you work with a
    mentor and the certification is achieved by going in front of a review board
    of previously certified architects and highlighting your past experience at
    the level we are certifying.
    Thanks,
    Andy Ruth [MSFT], May 17, 2006