MS Software Pack for Microsoft Professionals

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by tpenn, Dec 3, 2004.

  1. tpenn

    tpenn Guest

    Greetings,

    A while back, I referred to a MS product like MSDN with a yearly
    subscription that gives you updated MS products for home testing purposes for
    IT professionals.

    The idea was to get IT people to purchase legit copies of MS software for
    home use. I remember seeing the product on the MS site; however, I am unsure
    of where it is now or exactly what this is called. It sounded great for
    testing and possible certification practice.

    It would come with Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server, Office 2003 and more.
    Does this exist anymore and does anyone know what it is called? It is more
    for admins and less for developers and ran for about $200-$300 a year with
    required renewal. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this.

    Thanks in advance!

    Toni

    tpenn, Dec 3, 2004

  2. tpenn

    Doom Guest

    > It would come with Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server, Office 2003 and more.

    Technet Plus comes with eval versions of these. But I don't think that's
    what you're referring to.

    Doom, Dec 3, 2004

  3. tpenn

    T-Bone Guest

    "tpenn" <> wrote
    > It would come with Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server, Office 2003 and more.
    > Does this exist anymore and does anyone know what it is called?

    I think you are talking about the MS action pack, which MS registered
    partners can purchase. It was discussed in the M.P.certification group.
    Although I would also agree that you get more with TechNet Plus. Depends on
    what you are looking for, I guess.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Dec 3, 2004
  4. tpenn

    tpenn Guest

    That's it! Thanks so much for the name. Well, I am not a developer and I do
    not want to spend around $1500 do as a Network Support professional, this
    would suit my needs better. Do you think it is over priced for what it
    offers?

    Thanks again, Toni

    tpenn, Dec 3, 2004