MS Self Paced Training Kits

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by TYR, May 4, 2006.

  1. TYR

    TYR Guest

    My work has provided both of these books to all of the techs. I have
    finished reading the first one and am starting on the second. I have found
    much duplicate material and have skipping it since my notes from the first
    book include it. I plan on reviewing all the practices when I get done with
    the book then using the practice tests. Has anyone else followed these same
    steps with success?

    I'll keep everyone posted on how it works for me as I plan to take the exam
    in the next month.
     
    TYR, May 4, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. If this is in regards to the MCDST here are my comments:

    The MCDST was my first certification, and definetely the easiest. 70-271
    and 70-272 are nearly identical, and their content sets you up w/half of the
    70-270 covered already. For some reason I scored higher on the 70-272
    (unlike most who found 70-272 more difficult).

    I successfully passed both of these exams within a month, dedicating two
    weeks of study/deployment/testing to each (at the time I was on vacation from
    work and didn't have anything better to do). My readings included the MS
    Press Self-Paced training kit for each exam (which gets really redundant and
    boring!).

    If I had to do it all over again, I'd read the MS Press book for the 70-271,
    take the exam, then read the Exam Cram 2 book for 70-272. If you find the
    material difficult to comprehend, test/deploy it so you can get a better
    understanding (Virtual PC).

    For crystal-ball type predictability of exam content, pick up a membership
    at www.actualtests.com for $99 and covers you for your testing lifetime. I
    remember the 70-271 exam has a bunch of VPN questions that were not covered
    in the MS Press book on it. I picked up my membership after I had the MCDST
    and referenced the 70-271 to see how accurate the questions were and the PDF
    had the VPN questions in there. From then on it was my sole source for test
    phrasing preparation (I still study/deploy...I just reserve a day or two to
    look over what's covered on the exam).

    Yes you can use these to cheat...I have a friend who got his MCSE in 4 weeks
    using actualtests PDF's (which is 1/3rd the time it took me to get my
    MCSA!!!). I would HIGHLY discourage doing so, because if you get a job you
    won't last long and you'll bring discredit to our name and degrade the value
    of the certification. Yes he has a higher certification level than I do, but
    I have integrity, values, and set an example among other admin/engineeers
    instead of being a tirdburglar.

    "TYR" wrote:

    > My work has provided both of these books to all of the techs. I have
    > finished reading the first one and am starting on the second. I have found
    > much duplicate material and have skipping it since my notes from the first
    > book include it. I plan on reviewing all the practices when I get done with
    > the book then using the practice tests. Has anyone else followed these same
    > steps with success?
    >
    > I'll keep everyone posted on how it works for me as I plan to take the exam
    > in the next month.
    >
    >
    >
     
    Cutepinkbunnies, May 5, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Correction...it took him 4 Months to get his MCSE.

    "Cutepinkbunnies" wrote:

    > If this is in regards to the MCDST here are my comments:
    >
    > The MCDST was my first certification, and definetely the easiest. 70-271
    > and 70-272 are nearly identical, and their content sets you up w/half of the
    > 70-270 covered already. For some reason I scored higher on the 70-272
    > (unlike most who found 70-272 more difficult).
    >
    > I successfully passed both of these exams within a month, dedicating two
    > weeks of study/deployment/testing to each (at the time I was on vacation from
    > work and didn't have anything better to do). My readings included the MS
    > Press Self-Paced training kit for each exam (which gets really redundant and
    > boring!).
    >
    > If I had to do it all over again, I'd read the MS Press book for the 70-271,
    > take the exam, then read the Exam Cram 2 book for 70-272. If you find the
    > material difficult to comprehend, test/deploy it so you can get a better
    > understanding (Virtual PC).
    >
    > For crystal-ball type predictability of exam content, pick up a membership
    > at www.actualtests.com for $99 and covers you for your testing lifetime. I
    > remember the 70-271 exam has a bunch of VPN questions that were not covered
    > in the MS Press book on it. I picked up my membership after I had the MCDST
    > and referenced the 70-271 to see how accurate the questions were and the PDF
    > had the VPN questions in there. From then on it was my sole source for test
    > phrasing preparation (I still study/deploy...I just reserve a day or two to
    > look over what's covered on the exam).
    >
    > Yes you can use these to cheat...I have a friend who got his MCSE in 4 weeks
    > using actualtests PDF's (which is 1/3rd the time it took me to get my
    > MCSA!!!). I would HIGHLY discourage doing so, because if you get a job you
    > won't last long and you'll bring discredit to our name and degrade the value
    > of the certification. Yes he has a higher certification level than I do, but
    > I have integrity, values, and set an example among other admin/engineeers
    > instead of being a tirdburglar.
    >
    > "TYR" wrote:
    >
    > > My work has provided both of these books to all of the techs. I have
    > > finished reading the first one and am starting on the second. I have found
    > > much duplicate material and have skipping it since my notes from the first
    > > book include it. I plan on reviewing all the practices when I get done with
    > > the book then using the practice tests. Has anyone else followed these same
    > > steps with success?
    > >
    > > I'll keep everyone posted on how it works for me as I plan to take the exam
    > > in the next month.
    > >
    > >
    > >
     
    Cutepinkbunnies, May 5, 2006
    #3
  4. TYR

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Cutepinkbunnies" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > If this is in regards to the MCDST here are my comments:

    <snipped>

    > For crystal-ball type predictability of exam content, pick up a membership
    > at www.actualtests.com for $99 and covers you for your testing lifetime.


    <more snippage>

    As I said in another NG, please do not be spouting your demented
    information on how to cheat on the exams. actualtests is a br@aindump
    site and is illegal and violates Microsoft's exam NDA. If you are
    caught using that crap you will lose any current certifications and be
    blocked from any attempting any future certs as well.

    Don't advertise it and don't use it, that is unless you like being an
    A$$FUKCER

    BTW, I read your disclaimer and it doesn't really make a difference.
    If you use these products your are cheating and there is no room for
    debate on this point, the NDA explicitly states that to use these products
    is cheating. They are not an adjunct to your other study materials, they
    are just plain cheating and any tech worth his skills is above the ethical
    stupidity of using these products to study for the tests.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     
    LnkWizard, May 5, 2006
    #4
  5. I appreciate your advice but not your inappropriate language. I found a
    relevant article...looks like you guys are quite the champs!

    http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=396

    Anyway, this will be my last visit here since I was just trying to help the
    OP and wasn't aware of MS's policies or anything pertinant. Please you
    little MCNGP trolls...develop some professionalism and help others that are
    here, if you're as good as what you portrey. Although, I do believe that is
    an "act" too. ;)

    "LnkWizard" wrote:

    >
    > "Cutepinkbunnies" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > > If this is in regards to the MCDST here are my comments:

    > <snipped>
    >
    > > For crystal-ball type predictability of exam content, pick up a membership
    > > at www.actualtests.com for $99 and covers you for your testing lifetime.

    >
    > <more snippage>
    >
    > As I said in another NG, please do not be spouting your demented
    > information on how to cheat on the exams. actualtests is a br@aindump
    > site and is illegal and violates Microsoft's exam NDA. If you are
    > caught using that crap you will lose any current certifications and be
    > blocked from any attempting any future certs as well.
    >
    > Don't advertise it and don't use it, that is unless you like being an
    > A$$FUKCER
    >
    > BTW, I read your disclaimer and it doesn't really make a difference.
    > If you use these products your are cheating and there is no room for
    > debate on this point, the NDA explicitly states that to use these products
    > is cheating. They are not an adjunct to your other study materials, they
    > are just plain cheating and any tech worth his skills is above the ethical
    > stupidity of using these products to study for the tests.
    >
    > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5
    >
    > http://www.mcngp.com
    > "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"
    > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >
    >
     
    Cutepinkbunnies, May 5, 2006
    #5
  6. TYR

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Cutepinkbunnies" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > I appreciate your advice but not your inappropriate language. I found a
    > relevant article...looks like you guys are quite the champs!
    >
    > http://www.mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=396
    >
    > Anyway, this will be my last visit here since I was just trying to help

    the
    > OP and wasn't aware of MS's policies or anything pertinant. Please you
    > little MCNGP trolls...develop some professionalism and help others that

    are
    > here, if you're as good as what you portrey. Although, I do believe that

    is
    > an "act" too. ;)
    >


    For those that are professionals and can demonstrate they have tried
    to resolve the problem or researched the question themselves
    we provide all the help we can. Part of providing support,
    whether it be as an admin or simple desktop support, requires
    one to have the ability to research a problem and to try an find the
    solution by oneself rather than go running and asking for an answer
    without putting any effort into it.

    For those of your ilk, who espouse the use of cheating materials
    you get what you deserve, which includes the bad language. If
    you don't like to be treated like scum, don't act like scum.

    I've read the article you referenced and found it quite humorous,
    glad you liked it.

    Oh, an added tidbit of useful information, it is portray not portrey

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    "He who does not test himself is worthless indeed"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     
    LnkWizard, May 5, 2006
    #6
  7. TYR

    Syd Guest

    "Cutepinkbunnies" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > I was just trying to help the OP and wasn't aware of MS's policies or
    > anything pertinant.



    :))))) he he he.....

    "cutepinkbunnies"..... trying to help.... :)))

    poor little thing

    so cute.

    smack

    :))))))))))
     
    Syd, May 7, 2006
    #7
  8. TYR

    Syd Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    news:%23i%...
    >>

    > What a freaking hippocrate you are.


    hippocrate?

    :)))

    and a "freaking" one...

    :)))))))))

    wow...

    no bad...no bad...
     
    Syd, May 7, 2006
    #8
  9. TYR

    Syd Guest

    BTW

    something said previously in this thread is actually true.

    Regarding the VPN topic it is necessary to study it in an book or tutorial
    other than self paced book wich doesn't have anything about in it.


    "Syd" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    >
    > "Cutepinkbunnies" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >
    >> I was just trying to help the OP and wasn't aware of MS's policies or
    >> anything pertinant.

    >
    >
    > :))))) he he he.....
     
    Syd, May 7, 2006
    #9
  10. TYR

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day =?Utf-8?B?Q3V0ZXBpbmtidW5uaWVz?=
    <> did cause the electrons to
    come together and form the following words:

    > I appreciate your advice but not your inappropriate language. I found
    > a relevant article...looks like you guys are quite the champs!


    Maybe if you get some up to date material it might be considered
    relevant in your argument.

    You will however notice that since this article was written, the numbers
    of trolls, spammers and cheaters has decreased. Thanks in part to
    MCNGPs.

    > Anyway, this will be my last visit here since I was just trying to
    > help the OP and wasn't aware of MS's policies or anything pertinant.


    Cheating is cheating. Ignoreance of the law is no excuse. Besides, what
    part of the name actualtest did you miss?

    > Please you little MCNGP trolls...develop some professionalism and help
    > others that are here,


    And you please learn the definition of the term troll.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
     
    TBone, May 8, 2006
    #10
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Brian Whiting
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    746
    Brian Whiting
    Dec 29, 2005
  2. Justin Dutoit

    70-305 Self-Paced Training Kit 2nd Ed

    Justin Dutoit, Jul 10, 2003, in forum: MCSD
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,226
    Justin Dutoit
    Jul 10, 2003
  3. Malcolm Chalmers

    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit

    Malcolm Chalmers, Jul 20, 2003, in forum: MCSD
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,865
    Malcolm Chalmers
    Jul 26, 2003
  4. xiaoling Feng
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    705
    Guest
    Oct 13, 2003
  5. Death from Above
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    508
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]
    Jun 22, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page