MS Self-Paced Training Book for 70-292 & 70-296 Observation

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?VEJhY2tzdHJvbQ==?=, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Hi all. This is my first post here.

    I'm currently reading the Self-Paced book for 70-292, and found a very
    questionable paragraph in "Recovering From System Failure" on page 13-41.
    Here it is:

    "Performing a system state backup automatically forces the backup type to
    Copy, although the interface might not indicate that fact. Take that fact
    into consideration when planning whether to include other items in your
    backup selection."

    This to me sounds like if you try to do a normal, incremental, differential,
    or daily backup of data in the same job you're doing a System State backup,
    the whole job will change to a copy backup with no notice.

    This didn't sound right to me, so I did a test on my Win 2K3 test network.
    What it does is it backs up your data with whatever method you chose, then it
    changes to copy for the System State backup.

    Just FYI if you know anyone studying out of this book.
    U.S. Air Force Retiree
    MCSA: Messaging on Windows 2000
    MCSE on Windows 2000

    =?Utf-8?B?VEJhY2tzdHJvbQ==?=, Jan 11, 2006