    Not much to go on, so i'll understand if it is not possible to provide any
    help/advice.
    Thanks

    anOLDun, Jan 20, 2004

  2. anOLDun

    Patrick Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Lo All
    >
    > Don't have any more data/info other than "she who i let believe is in
    > charge" works on a PC that does not have a "search" option - i.e
    > from the "start" button>search>for files or folders etc etc.
    >
    > Can the "search" option be disabled ? if so how does she re - enable
    > it? or ???????
    >
    > The only other info i have is that it is a networked PC.
    >
    > Not much to go on, so i'll understand if it is not possible to
    > provide any help/advice.
    > Thanks

    If the machine is running WinXP then have a look at this link (second item);
    Patrick, Jan 20, 2004

  3. anOLDun

    Rob K Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Lo All
    >
    > Don't have any more data/info other than "she who i let believe is in
    > charge"

    Ah ... Servalan in trouble :)
    Does she know which OS ?

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Jan 20, 2004
  4. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Patrick

    Thanks for taking the time to reply .......
    I doubt very much it is WinXP - but i will get her to ask/check -

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Jan 20, 2004
  5. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Rob

    Thanks for the reply - much appreciated.......

    I have no idea what a "Servalan" is/does

    But i'll get her to check what OS they use.

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Jan 20, 2004
  6. anOLDun

    Richard Guest

    anOLDun wrote:

    > Lo All

    > Don't have any more data/info other than "she who i let believe is in
    > charge" works on a PC that does not have a "search" option - i.e from
    > the "start" button>search>for files or folders etc etc.

    > Can the "search" option be disabled ? if so how does she re - enable it?
    > or ???????

    > The only other info i have is that it is a networked PC.

    > Not much to go on, so i'll understand if it is not possible to provide
    > any help/advice.
    > Thanks

    That one is a bit tricky. However, if you right click on the "my computer"
    icon on the desktop, you should also have a "search" with the right click
    that takes you to the same thing.
    If that doesn't work, then she'd have to speak to whomever is the
    administrator of the network.
    Richard, Jan 20, 2004
  7. anOLDun

    Rob K Guest

    anOLDun wrote:
    > Hi Rob
    >
    > Thanks for the reply - much appreciated.......
    >
    > I have no idea what a "Servalan" is/does

    "she who I led beleive is in charge" - that's Servalan, a TV character
    in some long forgotten series. So never mind that bit ...

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Jan 20, 2004