    boxes etc into their proper places so that they can't be moved accidently?
    I'm sure that this can be done, but not sure how to do it!
    Thanks for any help.
    Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq, Feb 2, 2004

  2. "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    news:2dlogistics.com...
    > Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq wrote:
    > > Help needed with Microsoft Publisher 2000.
    > > In publisher, after I have created my page, how is it possible to lock

    text
    > > boxes etc into their proper places so that they can't be moved

    accidently?
    > > I'm sure that this can be done, but not sure how to do it!
    > > Thanks for any help.

    > Does this look like a MS publisher newsgroup to you, retard? It fucking
    > isn't. This is a newsgroup for recipes, so **** off.

    Listen "Softlad"
    When I want your opinion, I'll take my dick out of your mouth!
    Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    Boomer Guest

    Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq wrote:
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq wrote:
    >>
    >>>Help needed with Microsoft Publisher 2000.
    >>>In publisher, after I have created my page, how is it possible to lock

    > text
    >
    >>>boxes etc into their proper places so that they can't be moved

    > accidently?
    >
    >>>I'm sure that this can be done, but not sure how to do it!
    >>>Thanks for any help.

    >>Does this look like a MS publisher newsgroup to you, retard? It fucking
    >>isn't. This is a newsgroup for recipes, so **** off.
    >>

    > Listen "Softlad"
    > When I want your opinion, I'll take my dick out of your mouth!

    Sexual harassment complaint sent to
    Boomer, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    WiffleWoman Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq wrote:
    >>Help needed with Microsoft Publisher 2000.
    >>In publisher, after I have created my page, how is it possible to lock text
    >>boxes etc into their proper places so that they can't be moved accidently?
    >>I'm sure that this can be done, but not sure how to do it!
    >>Thanks for any help.

    > Does this look like a MS publisher newsgroup to you, retard? It fucking
    > isn't. This is a newsgroup for recipes, so **** off.

    <yawn>

    You first, K-Snatch-a-Man.

    This is a forgery of Boomer's name. She doesn't post with a Dizum header.
    She hasn't the need.
    WiffleWoman, Feb 2, 2004
  6. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    JiLs Guest

    select all the items you want locked, either .. ctrl A .. or .. use the cursor, hold
    down left button, drag a box around all the objects .. when you do that, a little
    icon of a lock will appear in the lower left. click on it, and you've locked the
    items together.

    does that help?

    JiLs, Feb 2, 2004
  7. "JiLs" <> wrote in message
    > select all the items you want locked, either .. ctrl A .. or .. use the

    cursor, hold
    > down left button, drag a box around all the objects .. when you do that, a

    little
    > icon of a lock will appear in the lower left. click on it, and you've

    locked the
    > items together.
    >
    > does that help?

    Thanks for that JiLs,
    I tried that, but it only locks all the boxes together and they can still be
    dragged, I'm sure that there is a way of locking them completely. Maybe
    somebody else knows how.
    Thank You,
    Charlie.

    Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq, Feb 2, 2004
  8. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    Boomer Guest

    WiffleWoman wrote:

    > Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq wrote:
    >>
    >>> Help needed with Microsoft Publisher 2000.
    >>> In publisher, after I have created my page, how is it possible to
    >>> lock text
    >>> boxes etc into their proper places so that they can't be moved
    >>> accidently?
    >>> I'm sure that this can be done, but not sure how to do it!
    >>> Thanks for any help.

    >> Does this look like a MS publisher newsgroup to you, retard? It
    >> fucking isn't. This is a newsgroup for recipes, so **** off.

    > <yawn>
    >
    > You first, K-Snatch-a-Man.
    >
    > This is a forgery of Boomer's name. She doesn't post with a Dizum header.
    > She hasn't the need.

    It is not a forgery. Anyone can call themselves anything they like any
    fucking day of the week, you duff ****. And the mail address is publicly
    available, courtesy of mailinator.com. So, go and whine to some fucking
    **** who might care, you fucking useless piece of shit.
    Boomer, Feb 2, 2004
  9. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    JM Guest

    Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq wrote:

    > Help needed with Microsoft Publisher 2000.
    > In publisher, after I have created my page, how is it possible to lock text
    > boxes etc into their proper places so that they can't be moved accidently?
    > I'm sure that this can be done, but not sure how to do it!
    > Thanks for any help.

    The button that looks like a chain link might be what you want.

    Or....

    Also hold down your Shift key as you select your text boxes, one by
    one. Then a puzzle piece should appear and link all boxes together.

    Hope that works,

    JM

    --
    "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear
    kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor
    JM, Feb 2, 2004
  10. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    John Guest

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 07:29:21 -0000, "Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson
    Esq" <> wrote:

    >Help needed with Microsoft Publisher 2000.
    >In publisher, after I have created my page, how is it possible to lock text
    >boxes etc into their proper places so that they can't be moved accidently?
    >I'm sure that this can be done, but not sure how to do it!
    >Thanks for any help.

    Try the following....
    Click in the 'Text Box" the click 'Ctrl C' to (copy)
    Click 'Ctrl M' ( takes you behind the page don't be worried if
    the screen blanks)

    Press 'Ctrl V' and the text box you previously copied will appear
    in exactly the same place, but on your new screen page.

    Click Ctrl 'M> and you will return to your previous page.
    Click inside of the text page, and delete.

    It will clear the text page, but the text box which you copied to the
    back page will show through.

    If you now try to try to move the text box you will be advised that
    it is on the back page. If you wish to edit the text, go through the
    Ctrl M sequence again.

    It worked for me. Hope it helps.

    John
    John, Feb 2, 2004
  11. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    JiLs Guest

    john that's a fantastic solution!
    having the things move around has never bothered me, i mean, an accidental move can
    always be undone, but having a solution to make sure it doesn't happen is smart. i'll
    try to remember your idea next time i use pub. !!

    JiLs, Feb 2, 2004
  12. Thank You, for all the helpful replies,
    Charlie

    Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq, Feb 2, 2004
  13. Th Rt Hon Charles Farquaharson Esq

    John Guest

    You're more than welcome

    John, Feb 3, 2004