    to start inputting data that has already been input.

    Do you have any suggestions that might help me?

    Wilson
    MW, Aug 18, 2003

  2. MW

    KLXrider Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:44:40 -0700, "MW"
    <> wrote:

    >Memory space is not low

    Are you checking this with the program running or after it has already
    crashed? Open task manager then open Publisher to check you memory
    usage.

    Sounds like a memory leak, but you might try starting the program with
    a floppy in the drive just to see if you closed the program with a
    floppy in the drive last time. Also, if you have touched your
    pagefile size, you might want to put it back where it was.

    Publisher can give you lots of headaches (like most MS products) if
    you don't treat it nicely.

    KLXrider, MCNGP #18
    KLXrider, Aug 19, 2003

  3. MW

    Marko Guest

    that
    >do not seem to correct themselves with rebooting. The
    >message is as follows:
    >
    >MSPUB. exe has generated errors and will be closed by
    >Windows.......A temp file is created, when I open the

    temp
    >file Word opens.
    >Then I get this message: Due to low memory or use of a
    >floppy you started with..... (Memory space is not low and
    >there is no disk in any of the drives.)

    The "Low memory..." general fault error after program.exe
    creates a fault error with a microsoft product tends to be
    a corrupt template file. For example, with MS Word, if
    you receive the low virtual memory type error when
    starting word, delete normal.dot files from the PC and the
    error goes away.

    I don't know if this holds true for Publisher 98 since I
    have never had this specific error, but it won't hurt to
    locate the template that publisher uses to start and put
    it in the recycle bin and see if the problem disappears.
    If I'm wrong, restore the file. Missing template files
    are recreated when you start the program, but you lose
    things like default font properties, etc.
    Marko, Aug 19, 2003