    Anyway, this is the only available book in the local books
    store here in the Philippines. I have not seen any of Amit
    kalani's books.

    Rolie Agustin, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Rolie Agustin

    Paul Robson Guest

    Rolie Agustin wrote:

    > Everybody all says that Amit kalani's books are the best
    > books for exam preparation.
    >
    > Are MS press books not enough to pass the exam?
    >
    > I have this new book "Developing Web Applications with
    > VB.NET and C#.NET MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit, 2nd
    > Ed.", from MS Press and im just starting my preparation
    > for the exam. Is better to get another book for my review?
    >
    > Anyway, this is the only available book in the local books
    > store here in the Philippines. I have not seen any of Amit
    > kalani's books.

    They probably are okay ; I just think the AK books are better.

    Paul Robson, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Rolie Agustin

    Eric Guest

    Rolie Agustin wrote:

    > Are MS press books not enough to pass the exam?

    Do you remember most of what you read without doing exercises?
    Kalani's exercises are what makes his books so good.
    I admire people who have a great memory and don't need to do a lot of
    examples, but that doesn't describe me.

    > Anyway, this is the only available book in the local books
    > store here in the Philippines. I have not seen any of Amit
    > kalani's books.

    Can't you order from Amazon.com?

    Eric

    Eric, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Rolie Agustin

    Raja Guest

    You can't go wrong with the best. If it's 305, stick with
    Mike's book. If it's 315, go for Amit's book. The links
    for Amazon are :

    70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
    70-315 : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7

    - Raja.

    Raja, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Rolie Agustin

    V. Guest

    Hi,

    I use the same books as you and have some transcender
    exams. After reading the books I noticed that the books
    are INCOMPLETE. You need to do some studying about SQL,
    SQL Server. You also have to check out MSDN.

    I think it's possible to pass though. If you can get the
    transcender exams.
    I'm a professional programmer, meaning that I'm a
    software developer and just have good knowledge of C#,
    C++, Java and more. So the point of the previous answer
    is not enirely correct in my opinion.

    Hope this helps.

    V., Aug 23, 2004