    when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??

    Thanks a lot.

    Cleet

    Cleet O' RIS, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Cleet O' RIS

    kpg Guest

    "Cleet O' RIS" <> wrote in message
    news:cte4s7$mc9$.9tel.net...
    > Hello People,
    >
    > May I ask you, how come MS-Press books
    > are sold as perfect tools to succeed certs,
    > when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Cleet

    <rhetorical question>
    Did you have a bad experience?
    <\rhetorical question>

    I have used MS-Press books with success. They do however
    seem to be written for clarity in exchange for depth. Do the labs
    and check out the further reading section and do further reading
    (what a concept). It is a good idea to not rely on a single source.

    As to why are they marketed as 'perfect'? I was not aware they
    were but if so it is just that, marketing. Even MS-Press books can
    be incomplete or have errors.

    --
    kp "I buy them for the cool pictures on the cover." g

    You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and still come out
    completely dry. Most people do. ~Norman Juster

    kpg, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Cleet O' RIS

    Eric Guest

    Cleet O' RIS wrote:

    > Hello People,
    >
    > May I ask you, how come MS-Press books
    > are sold as perfect tools to succeed certs,
    > when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??

    Most of us perfer Kalani for C#, and Gunderloy for VB.NET.

    MSPress books are fine for people who learn by reading, and have a
    sponge for a brain.

    Unfortunately, I need more hands-on, like Kalani and Gunderloy offer.
    My limited brain can't learn so well until I actually run some code in
    Visual Studio. If I see it work in front of me, I can understand it
    better.

    Eric

    Eric, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Cleet O' RIS

    kpg Guest

    I really should learn to look at the newsgroups first...

    kpg, Jan 28, 2005
  5. Don't forget, Microsoft strongly suggests that you have two years'
    experience developing software in .NET before taking the exams.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jan 28, 2005
  6. Cleet O' RIS

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Cleet O' RIS" <> wrote in news:cte4s7$mc9$1
    @apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net:

    > Hello People,
    >
    > May I ask you, how come MS-Press books
    > are sold as perfect tools to succeed certs,
    > when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Cleet

    you are a wise one - oh young skywalker.

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 29, 2005