    in a new window, plus the text is tiny. I find them crap, plus according to
    the software, the pass rate is 87%, ive heard the real exams are around
    70-75%. What do u all think of the test exams?
    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=, Feb 11, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > im using the official MS 70-290 practise exam, ive found some questions
    > answers are clearly wrong, some questions actually go off the edge of the
    > screen, so u have to guess the question too, some questions refer ti a
    > screenshot which isnt there and there is no button to bring up the
    > screenshot
    > in a new window, plus the text is tiny. I find them crap, plus according
    > the software, the pass rate is 87%, ive heard the real exams are around
    > 70-75%. What do u all think of the test exams?

    I haven't seen any such problems on my system. You say "the official", but
    where did you get the practice exams? There are companies out there that
    make very bad attempts at forging such information. But if that is not your
    case, then try adjusting some of your settings and making sure that you are
    up-to-date with all your SPs and patches.

    As for the passing score, yes MS requires 70% and yes the MeasureUp exams do
    require 86%. This is, of course, to better prepare you for the exams. What
    good would a practice exam be if it gave you a goal the same as the actual
    exam? You always want to be better prepared for the exam that you're going
    to take. Do teachers teach you 70% of class curriculum so that you can take
    the test to fail?

    MeasureUp (and Self Test Software, I believe) chose to set their minimums
    higher because they don't want people thinking that 70% is good enough to go
    take the exams. They feel that if you can repeatedly (not just once) make
    an 86% on their practice exams, then you should be able to make at *least*
    70% on the actual exam.

    Now, if you think that your 70% is good enough to pass, then you have
    already failed. That means that 30% of the people you deal with will not be
    happy with your work. That's 3 out of 10 people that you won't know how to
    help. Now think about how fast word gets around....especially when someone
    is p!ssed off or unhappy. Just those first 3 people that you couldn't help
    have already gone and told 9 people about your bad service...and they told
    81 more people...and so on.

    Do yourself a favor and shoot for 90-100% on the practice exams.

    --
    BD
    Bigus Dickus, Feb 12, 2006

  3. "Bigus Dickus" wrote:

    > Now, if you think that your 70% is good enough to pass, then you have
    > already failed. That means that 30% of the people you deal with will not be
    > happy with your work. That's 3 out of 10 people that you won't know how to
    > help. Now think about how fast word gets around....especially when someone
    > is p!ssed off or unhappy. Just those first 3 people that you couldn't help
    > have already gone and told 9 people about your bad service...and they told
    > 81 more people...and so on.

    I've got an other theory for You:
    If he fails the questions about connecting offices with 56kbps, using
    windows raid or NT Backup and "only" gets 70% on the exam: Well, I'm not
    gonna blame him! ;-)

    But still: Don't think that just Practice Exams will do it for You....
    They'll give You a good hint of the real exams, But You'll still need to
    read, practice, practice and read... Working experience will help You on the
    way, but I found a lot of the questions more like "Reading understanding"...
    Good luck!
    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXJC?=, Feb 12, 2006