    Paint! All this despite the fact that she can still load Paint and even open
    BMP files from within the program!

    Thanks for any help
    Mother Farquhar, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Mother Farquhar

    Trax Guest

    "Mother Farquhar" <> wrote:

    |>My friend has Win98 and until recently her MS Paint was fine. Now it doesn't
    |>seem to work properly though. That is to say that her BMP icons come up as
    |>the usual unrecognised file type as opposed to the normal Paint type. Now,
    |>she has uninstalled and reinstalled Paint and nothing has changed. Even when
    |>she clicks a file and selects 'open with' there is no option to use MS
    |>Paint! All this despite the fact that she can still load Paint and even open
    |>BMP files from within the program!

    There are other ways but:

    Start | Run <type in> CMD /K ASSOC .BMP = MSPAINT.EXE <enter>

    Will work - CMD /K is so you can see the result.
    EXIT to leave window.

    --
    Desktop Earth
    http://codefromthe70s.org/desktopearth_dl.asp
    Trax, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Mother Farquhar

    Trax Guest

    Trax <> wrote:

    |>There are other ways but:
    |>
    |>Start | Run <type in> CMD /K ASSOC .BMP = MSPAINT.EXE <enter>
    |>
    |>Will work - CMD /K is so you can see the result.
    |>EXIT to leave window.

    Shoot, just noticed Win98,this command might not work under that OS.

    Shift, Right click on BMP, select open with, Browse for MSPAINT.exe,
    and always use will work for Win98.

    Trax, Mar 21, 2006
  4. > |>|>My friend has Win98 and until recently her MS Paint was fine. Now it
    > doesn't
    > up as
    > Now,
    > Even when
    > even open
    > |>
    > |>There are other ways but:
    > |>
    > |>Start | Run <type in> CMD /K ASSOC .BMP = MSPAINT.EXE <enter>
    > |>
    > |>Will work - CMD /K is so you can see the result.
    > |>EXIT to leave window.
    >
    > Shoot, just noticed Win98,this command might not work under that OS.
    >
    > Shift, Right click on BMP, select open with, Browse for MSPAINT.exe,
    > and always use will work for Win98.

    Many thanks!!!!
    Mother Farquhar, Mar 21, 2006