    any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    cindy

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Cindy Stuart

    old man Guest

    Open OL with the safe switch, see if its better
    Size of the pst?

    "Cindy Stuart" <cindystuart@g#mail.com> wrote in message
    > i have office xp professional with frontpage which includes outlook 2002
    > (10.6515.6817)SP3 - running on my p4 3.2g, 2gb ram pc. running xp pro SP2
    > and i'm current with all the updates except ie7.
    >
    > never had any problems with any of the office components, work access,
    > excel, etc..; they all load instantly. i don't know what caused the

    current

    old man, Jan 4, 2007

  3. "Cindy Stuart" <cindystuart@g#mail.com> wrote in message
    >i have office xp professional with frontpage which includes outlook 2002
    > (10.6515.6817)SP3 - running on my p4 3.2g, 2gb ram pc. running xp pro SP2
    > and i'm current with all the updates except ie7.
    >
    > never had any problems with any of the office components, work access,
    > excel, etc..; they all load instantly. i don't know what caused the
    > current
    > problem. i have uninstalled outlook and reinstalled it to no avail. (no
    > problem with outlook express)
    >
    > PROBLEM: outlook takes forever to load - about 6 minutes! i remember my
    > commodore 128 doing that.
    > i can't think of anything else to try. has anyone else experienced this?
    > any help would be appreciated.

    Depending on how much email you get, you shoudl have it set to auto-archive
    email older than x months, so that the loaded store doesn't get too large.
    This could explain your long waiting time if you get a hell of a lot of
    mail.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Jan 4, 2007
  4. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    i've deleted most of my mail and just left a negligible amount. i've tried
    to open it in its safe mode and that other mode of detect something - same
    results. i've renamed the pst to old, sent out a new test email. nothing
    changes anything. maybe there's some other conflict in my machine but how
    can i find that when the entire system and all my apps are running
    smoothly?

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 4, 2007
  5. Cindy Stuart

    old man Guest

    Safe mode? do you mean OL safe mode or win safe mode, the two are different
    And what is the size of your pst?

    old man, Jan 5, 2007
  6. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    i've tried everything i could think of and to no avail.
    Outlook works great except for the now 3:37 minutes loading time; all my
    other apps take 1 or 2 seconds to load.
    i'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this, perhaps it's not a
    prevalent problem, but it's bugging the hell out of me.
    i'm considering inquiring of microsoft's tech support - (for their fee of
    $35.00) to resolve this.
    if they are able to clear it up, i will post the solutions here to save all,
    who might be so inflicted, a few dollars.
    cindy

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 6, 2007
  7. Cindy Stuart wrote:
    > i've tried everything i could think of and to no avail.
    > Outlook works great except for the now 3:37 minutes loading time; all
    > my other apps take 1 or 2 seconds to load.
    > i'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this, perhaps it's not a
    > prevalent problem, but it's bugging the hell out of me.
    > i'm considering inquiring of microsoft's tech support - (for their
    > fee of $35.00) to resolve this.
    > if they are able to clear it up, i will post the solutions here to
    > save all, who might be so inflicted, a few dollars.
    > cindy

    Try the Inbox Repair Tool first:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    Happiness limits the amount of suffering one is
    willing to inflict on others. Phèdre nó Delaunay

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jan 6, 2007
  8. Cindy Stuart

    old man Guest

    You still havent answered!
    What is the size of the pst?

    old man, Jan 6, 2007
  9. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    i've upgraded my office to ms office small business edition 2003 with
    business contact manager. this new outlook still takes over 3 minutes to
    load; otherwise it functions fine. my other apps load instantly or a breath
    later.
    i'm tempted to leave outlook running so i don't have to boil water wating
    for it to load.

    On 6-Jan-2007, "old man" <> wrote:

    > You still havent answered!
    > What is the size of the pst?

    C:\Documents and Settings\Cindy\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    i have:
    outlook1.pst 761kb
    personal folders(1).pst 265kb
    outlook.pst 384kb

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 6, 2007
  10. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    also in my documents i have a file mailbox.pst size 265kb

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 6, 2007
  11. Cindy Stuart

    old man Guest

    I'm assuming you dont have any AV plugin enabled in OL, or any other plugin,
    eg synch/fax
    If you do uninstall these plugins in their respective apps.
    If its still the same;
    With OL closed use the mail applet in the control panel
    Create a new Profile with a new data file and add your mail accounts

    old man, Jan 7, 2007
  12. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    On 6-Jan-2007, "old man" <> wrote:

    > I'm assuming you dont have any AV plugin enabled in OL, or any other
    > plugin,
    > eg synch/fax
    > If you do uninstall these plugins in their respective apps.
    > If its still the same;
    > With OL closed use the mail applet in the control panel
    > Create a new Profile with a new data file and add your mail accounts

    no plugins; i used the mail applet and created a new profile, added an email
    acct and made sure that i checked the box that would have outlook open up
    into that new profile i created (cindy) - the prior profile was "outlook"
    i rebooted to make sure nothing else was going on and clicked on outlook.
    no luck, it still takes close to 4 minutes to load.
    good news is that after it finally opened, microsoft sent a welcoming email!
    so the email was set up ok. and again, outlook seems to be functioning ok
    as before. but this 4 minute delay is killing me. i'll wait awhile before
    contacting and shelling out $35 to ms. i'll try anything before bringing
    the issue to them.
    thanks,
    cindy

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 7, 2007
  13. Cindy Stuart

    old man Guest

    Just checking;
    You have tried starting OL from a command line, using the safe Swich?

    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe " /switch

    Note: Paths that include spaces between words must be enclosed in quotation
    marks (") and are case sensitive.
    You'll need the full path if you create desktop shortcuts. - Office11 folder
    is version specific to the version of Office installed. ie OfficeXp is
    Office10, Office2k or earlier is Office

    old man, Jan 7, 2007
  14. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    On 7-Jan-2007, "old man" <> wrote:

    > You have tried starting OL from a command line, using the safe Swich?

    gave that a try and the load time is as before.

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 7, 2007
  15. Cindy Stuart

    old man Guest

    Try individually these switches
    1) /nocustomize
    2) /noextensions

    If after trying these, individually, having already used safe switch it
    virtually eliminates an OL problem.
    You might try downloading this http://www.dependencywalker.com/ then running
    OL from within Depends to see if you can identify what is causing the hang -
    it will probably pause on a dll, note the name then find and identify from
    its properties.

    old man, Jan 7, 2007
  16. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    both switches=same result
    i ran outlook from within depends. the first few times it told me about 2
    or 3 missing dll's which i downloaded and put into the office11 dir.
    running again from within, i now see the following two files are listed
    first and they appear to be the only ones that are shaded in red -- and note
    the message below.
    MPR.DLL
    MSO.DLL

    Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
    export function in a delay-load dependent module.

    i was able to take a snapshot of my screen but since this is not a binaries
    group, i can not post it here.
    in all honesty, i really don't understand any of the above.

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 8, 2007
  17. Cindy Stuart

    old man Guest

    Those two warnings (MPR/MSO) can usually be ignored.

    Shut down your sys, leave for a few mins, reboot - allow sufficient time to
    load the startups.
    Check the Event Logs for errors, note any errors. (After/during start)
    Start OL, allow sufficient time for it to start and have completed its
    initial sync, recheck Event Logs.

    old man, Jan 8, 2007
  18. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    i didn't have event logs turned on initially. i turned it on and loaded
    outlook a few times and only see this one log: (i don't understand the time,
    if 21:02:39 means time, as i did this today, 1/9/07 at 10am.

    *** Starting First Run (01-07-2007 21:02:39) ***
    ....HrPreSplashFirstRun called.
    ....HrPreLogFirstRun called.
    ....HrPostLogFirstRun called.
    ...... FCheckFirstRunStatus failed reading machine value "17019"!
    ....deleting WAB4/UseOutlook because we're using MAPI.
    ....writing UUID to HKCU.
    ....setting Primary Client to Outlook.
    *** Ending First Run (01-07-2007 21:06:12) ***

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 9, 2007
  19. Cindy Stuart

    old man Guest

    No I meant system logs.
    Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer

    old man, Jan 9, 2007
  20. Cindy Stuart

    Cindy Stuart Guest

    On 9-Jan-2007, "old man" <> wrote:

    > No I meant system logs.
    > Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer

    sorry, thanks for being patient. i'm in the middle of converting a large
    video file that i wouldn't want to upset by interrupting -- so i will check
    the system logs later tonight.
    thanks,
    cindy

    Cindy Stuart, Jan 9, 2007