    i would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what is going on and how to stop
    it.

    thanks ahead of time.
    vernon simkins, Sep 10, 2003

  2. vernon simkins

    °Mike° Guest

    Do you have Norton Antivirus 2000/2001 installed?

    Email settings are changed when Norton AntiVirus email
    protection is enabled
    http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020716064206

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:42:46 -0400, in
    <qVM7b.3323$>
    vernon simkins scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 10, 2003

  3. vernon simkins

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as vernon simkins continued:

    > im having a problem with MS outlook. every time i open the program, it
    > resets all my incoming mail server's addys to "local host ", and it
    > adds the correct incoming addy to my username(s). i have multiple
    > accounts, and multiple identities.
    >
    > i would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what is going on and how
    > to stop it.
    >
    > thanks ahead of time.

    Which antivirus software do you use ?

    Check their website.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Sep 10, 2003
  4. i use Microtrend PC-Illen 2002 for an antivirus (came bundled with my
    Motherboard's driver disk.)

    vernon simkins, Sep 11, 2003
  5. vernon simkins

    °Mike° Guest

    PC-cillin 2002 changes the POP3 server to "localhost".
    http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=15047

    On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:06:56 -0400, in
    <i8O7b.5758$>
    vernon simkins scrawled: