    Address Book, stil freezes. Any other ideas?

    Outlook XP on Win XP Pro

    Matt

    Matthew Strickland, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Matthew Strickland

    steve Guest

    Matthew Strickland allegedly said:

    > Outlook XP on Win XP Pro
    >
    > Matt

    Outlook 200 on Win98SE works OK.

    It's cheaper and more secure, too.

    steve, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Matthew Strickland

    Roady Guest

    Have you tried running Help-> Detect and Repair already?

    Also is this user connected to an Exchange server? Try recreating (do not
    copy) the mailprofile in Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles

    --
    Roady
    www.sparnaaij.net

    Question of the month: How to manage general contact info.
    www.sparnaaij.net

    -----
    "Matthew Strickland" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a user than can happily select the contacts folder from the folder
    > list, and they see all their contacts no problem.
    > But as soon as they start a new email, click on 'to' (then the select

    names
    > dialog box comes up), Outlook freezes.
    >
    > Typing in a name in the 'To' field first brings up the name and email
    > address no problems, only freezes on the 'select names' box.
    >
    > Ive deleted and reloaded the 'Outlook Address Book', that didnt work,

    moved

    Roady, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Well this problem as solved itself for some strange reason, however I had
    another machine do it.
    This time outlook 2000 on Windows 98.

    Creating another contacts folder, moving all the contacts, creating an email
    opening the old contacts (which was empty), then moving the contacts back,
    deleteing the new folder, and away it goes again.

    This didnt work for the XP machine however. I guess there was just something
    messed up in the contacts somehow.

    Matt

    Matthew Strickland, Nov 10, 2003
  5. Matthew Strickland

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <FWArb.13844$>,
    says...
    > Well this problem as solved itself for some strange reason, however I had
    > another machine do it.
    > This time outlook 2000 on Windows 98.
    >
    > Creating another contacts folder, moving all the contacts, creating an email
    > opening the old contacts (which was empty), then moving the contacts back,
    > deleteing the new folder, and away it goes again.
    >
    > This didnt work for the XP machine however. I guess there was just something
    > messed up in the contacts somehow.

    If you search your drive for a program named: SCANPST.EXE (the Outlook
    "Inbox Repair Tool") - and run that against your .pst file - see if it
    corrects anything else.

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Nov 10, 2003