MS outlook 2003 or 2007 for new computer? Small business

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by lbbss, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    I posted this in the MS outlook group, but did not get much of a
    response.

    We are looking at re installing MS outlook 2003 or upgrading 2007 our
    new computer. My wife has a small business and she does not want to
    loose here emails and email small groups. Would it make sense re
    install 2003 (which she had on the old computer). If there is a lot
    of good advantages with 2007 we would consider it. I am fairly
    handy with computers, so I would convert here Ms outlook, if need
    be. Will have to research it first on the web, to see what is
    involved. From the little that I read sounds like converting the
    emails will be more difficult when jumping to 2007 version, surely
    there must be a utility out there to convert my emails to 2007. What
    are people suppose to do when they have a business, forever more, have
    to put outlook 2003 on their new computers? Any insight would be
    appreciated, what is involved to convert or if even is worth
    doing. thanks.

    Also, curious if there is any conflict that could happen, if I
    installed Ms outlook 2003, and there rest of the office package 2007
    version.
    lbbss, Apr 27, 2008

  2. lbbss

    Dave Guest

    On Apr 26, 10:04 pm, lbbss <> wrote:
    > I posted this in the MS outlook group, but did not get much of a
    > response.
    >
    > We are looking at re installing MS outlook 2003 or upgrading 2007 our
    > new computer. My wife has a small business and she does not want to
    > loose here emails and email small groups. Would it make sense re
    > install 2003 (which she had on the old computer). If there is a lot
    > of good advantages with 2007 we would consider it. I am fairly
    > handy with computers, so I would convert here Ms outlook, if need
    > be. Will have to research it first on the web, to see what is
    > involved. From the little that I read sounds like converting the
    > emails will be more difficult when jumping to 2007 version, surely
    > there must be a utility out there to convert my emails to 2007. What
    > are people suppose to do when they have a business, forever more, have
    > to put outlook 2003 on their new computers? Any insight would be
    > appreciated, what is involved to convert or if even is worth
    > doing. thanks.
    >
    > Also, curious if there is any conflict that could happen, if I
    > installed Ms outlook 2003, and there rest of the office package 2007
    > version.

    If you install Office 2007, you cannot keep Outlook 2003 because of a
    change in the way the interface between the Outlook software and the
    remainder of Office is structured. I found that out the hard way,
    because I had purchased the version of Office 2007 which did not
    include Outlook, and then had to go out and purchase Outlook 2007
    separately for my wife's laptop.

    If you do acquire and install Outlook 2007, it will be handle your
    files from Outlook 2003 just fine.
    Dave, Apr 27, 2008