    T.N.O. Guest

    Anyone ever got a response from them?

    I only ask as I just submitted one and wondered, as you do...

    T.N.O., Sep 8, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    WLF Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message news:<3f5bdee2$>...
    > Anyone ever got a response from them?
    >
    > I only ask as I just submitted one and wondered, as you do...

    I got a useful(automated response) once - the crash was caused by
    outdated video drivers, I was taken to a page explaining the problem,
    and where I could get the updated drivers.

    WLF, Sep 8, 2003

  3. "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Anyone ever got a response from them?
    >
    > I only ask as I just submitted one and wondered, as you do...

    I have submitted several. Each time you submit one the ack. page includes a
    details link which when clicked shows all my incidents. On several of the
    older incidents, clicking on details reveals that the problem in reckoned to
    be caused by driver software (but does not indicate which one) - interesting
    but useless as all my drivers are latest manufacturer-supplied.

    Windows Update reports a modem driver update available from Agere, but the
    modem came from Swann and is not on the Swann site so I am not installing
    it.

    So all-in-all this facility is falls short of being useful in my case and
    therefore IMHO reflects fairly on its (free) cost.

    --
    Bryan Souster
    For acronyms (IIRC, TIA etc) visit www.acronymfinder.com for the meanings.

    Bryan Souster, Sep 8, 2003
  4. T.N.O. wrote:
    > Anyone ever got a response from them?
    >
    > I only ask as I just submitted one and wondered, as you do...

    I got a useful response twice out of it! It's well worth it. The first time,
    there was an update to Internet Explorer that fixed crashing when the button
    "Click" sound was played on the toolbuttons. The second time, there was a
    service pack available for Internet Explorer that fixed the problem.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Sep 8, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, lid says...
    > On several of the
    > older incidents, clicking on details reveals that the problem in reckoned to
    > be caused by driver software (but does not indicate which one) - interesting
    > but useless as all my drivers are latest manufacturer-supplied.
    >
    > Windows Update reports a modem driver update available from Agere, but the
    > modem came from Swann and is not on the Swann site so I am not installing
    > it.

    It can take long enough for drivers to get MS certification as it is.
    Then you wait even longer for Swan to rename the Agere driver :)

    colinco, Sep 9, 2003