MS Official Curriculum Materials???

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by jqpdev, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. jqpdev

    jqpdev Guest

    Hello all,

    I've signed up for the trainging classes. For those of you who've already
    taken the classes can you tell me what training materials (books, binders,
    CD's, DVD's, etc.) is suppose to come with each course, an the dates of the
    materials.

    I have a box of materials for class 2310B and the readme on the CD says July
    10, 2002. It came with CD labeled "Course#2310B Trainer...Developing
    Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio.NET". It has a part
    number on it as well but there is no microsoft logo on the top-side of the
    CD. It also says that it was manufacturered by Arvato Services, Inc. USA.
    It also says Macromedia FLASH enabled and has the flash swirl logo. It has
    the typical blue bottom of a CDR versus an original CD coming from MS with a
    silver bottom.

    A second disc was also in the box. It is a DVD. On the top-side of the DVD
    it has the Microsoft logo and it says Visual Studio.NET Professional Version
    2002. It also states that it is a 60-day trial use. The text is white on
    top of a pukey orange/brown visual studio background. The DVD has a silver
    bottom.

    The box also came with two binders and a stack of 3-hole punched sheets of
    paper that look like a series of powerpoint slide shows. The binders have
    the MOC logo and is a mix of white background with a blurred, blue image of
    a hand over a keyboard.

    Here is my classes list for MCSD:
    -2310
    -2389
    -2124
    -2555
    -2557
    -2710
    -2073
    -2524

    Here are the tests I will be taking:
    -315
    -316
    -320
    -300
    -229

    Is anything out of place?

    Looking forward to replies... Thanks in advance.

    jqpdev, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Usually, you get a three-ring binder and a CD. With the .NET courses (have
    seen, not taken), you also get a trial DVD of the VS.NET pro. The classes
    are still VS.NET 2002, but that is okay for the exams.

    The training courses are great if you learn best in a classroom environment.
    Many vendors also include your exam certificates with the courses, so you
    can take the exam for FREE (not that it is free after spending that much).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 29, 2003

  3. I recomend this order
    and if you can excange 2710 for 2072

    Regards,
    Daniel