    But, if it can't be done, then I guess I will just do an upgrade
    installation and have XP automatically delete 97 where it is supposed to.

    Many thanks...
    Won Dampchin, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Won Dampchin

    Boomer Guest

    "Won Dampchin" <> wrote in
    news:bufroc$hbc3l$-berlin.de:

    > Can I do a full install of MS Office XP and keep my existing MS
    > Office 97 untouched and intact? If possible, I would like to have
    > both programs fully operational so I can run either, apart and
    > independent from the other. If I am happy with the XP version, I
    > will eventually uninstall the 97 version. But, if it can't be
    > done, then I guess I will just do an upgrade installation and have
    > XP automatically delete 97 where it is supposed to.
    >
    > Many thanks...

    Have you read through an Microscoft XP group or here
    microsoft.public.office.misc?
    Searched the archives?
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    Maybe some answers at Microsoft.com?

    Just curious.
    Boomer, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Won Dampchin

    Spider Guest

    > Can I do a full install of MS Office XP and keep my existing MS Office 97
    > untouched and intact? If possible, I would like to have both programs fully
    > operational so I can run either, apart and independent from the other. If I
    > am happy with the XP version, I will eventually uninstall the 97 version.
    > But, if it can't be done, then I guess I will just do an upgrade
    > installation and have XP automatically delete 97 where it is supposed to.
    >
    > Many thanks...

    This is asking for all kinds of trouble even if MS says you can do it. Why would you want to do this at all? The only reason I can think of would be having an Access data base that you can't convert for whatever reason. Personally I'd put my efforts in resolving the conversion problem instead of trying to mix versions like that. Trouble, trouble, trouble...

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1
    Spider, Jan 19, 2004