    Win2k/XP

    I think that it normally runs an exe file, but I just cant find one that
    launches it in the MS Office folder.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Tim Guest

    This is one of the few MS Office features that I go out of my way to make
    sure is not installed.
    IE in "complete" installs I do not install Chippy, Toolbar, and Binder.

    If you rerun office setup and make sure it is installed this may solve your
    problem as the original installer may have had a like mind - you will also
    know how to remove it for later on today.

    Tim, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Impossible Guest

    > Anyone know how to turn it on?
    >
    > Office 2k
    > Win2k/XP
    >
    > I think that it normally runs an exe file, but I just cant find one that
    > launches it in the MS Office folder.

    Have a look here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203078/en-us

    The shortcut bar is not installed by default. If it's been installed, then
    there should be a link buried in the Office Tools folder -- or you can set a
    registry key to activate/deactivate it. If it's not installed, then just run
    a maintenance installation and add it to the mix.
    Impossible, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Tim wrote:
    > If you rerun office setup and make sure it is installed this may solve your
    > problem as the original installer may have had a like mind - you will also
    > know how to remove it for later on today.

    it is installed... it is just that "somehow the shortcut disappeared
    from the startup folder"... yeah right... but I have no idea on where it
    used to point to.

    I'll give the re-install an option last.

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 22, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Benji Thorn Guest

    Ummmmmmm

    I did a quick search this end (Running Office 2000) and this is what I have:

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Shortcut Bar\Office

    And in that folder is a shortcut which I think you could copy to the
    Startup folder.

    Benji
    :)

    Benji Thorn, Feb 22, 2005
  6. Benji Thorn wrote:
    > Ummmmmmm
    > I did a quick search this end (Running Office 2000) and this is what I
    > have:
    > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Shortcut Bar\Office
    > And in that folder is a shortcut which I think you could copy to the
    > Startup folder.

    not quite... thats were all the shortcuts that go onto the bar are
    kept(from what I can tell), but thanks.
    Dave - dave.net.nz, Feb 22, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    xlo Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Tim wrote:
    >
    >> If you rerun office setup and make sure it is installed this may solve
    >> your problem as the original installer may have had a like mind - you
    >> will also know how to remove it for later on today.

    > it is installed... it is just that "somehow the shortcut disappeared
    > from the startup folder"... yeah right... but I have no idea on where it
    > used to point to.
    >
    > I'll give the re-install an option last.
    >

    > x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    > x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    > x-- Access to over 1 Terabyte per Day - $8.95/Month
    > x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    The executable is MSOffice.exe
    Should be in a subdirectory of \Program Files\Microsoft Office\
    Running it should present the option of starting it with windows.
    IMO much better just to put quicklaunch buttons on taskbar.
    xlo, Feb 22, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    paul Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Anyone know how to turn it on?
    >
    > Office 2k
    > Win2k/XP
    >
    > I think that it normally runs an exe file, but I just cant find one that
    > launches it in the MS Office folder.

    on this machine it is here:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOFFICE.EXE"

    Regards
    Paul
    paul, Feb 23, 2005