    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Any opinions or advice
    contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
    applicable client engagement letter or agreement.
    Keith Chilton, Dec 22, 2006

  2. If you do not want to invest the time in managing an Exchange Server,
    and you are not interested in "hosted" services; then I would recommend
    http://www.4team.biz/. I have implemented it on numerous of SMB who did
    not want to invest in technology such as Exchange, but wanted the
    feature. Good luck.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Keith Chilton

    AJR Guest

    Check out Office Live hosted by Microsoft.

    AJR, Dec 22, 2006
  4. good advice. Thanks! I think we're going an even easier and cheaper route
    though.... Yahoo Calendar! LOL

    Keith Chilton, Dec 22, 2006
  5. Google or Windows Office Live as well.

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 22, 2006
  6. Michael

    Once again thank you. I am going to recommend we use Google Calendar. It is
    much cleaner, easier to understand and very nice GUI for the end user. We
    will make use of this system for sure. Plus the great part about it is the
    signup is so easy it's ridiculous and it's free. I looked at Windows Live
    but that's more than i want to get into. We already have our website
    outsourced to a 3rd party and our domain belongs to them. Too complicated
    i'm keeping it simple. Google's calendar is better than Yahoos, although
    Yahoos isn't bad. Googles really takes the cake though

    Keith

    Keith Chilton, Dec 23, 2006
  7. Keith Chilton wrote:
    > Michael
    >
    > Once again thank you. I am going to recommend we use Google Calendar. It is
    > much cleaner, easier to understand and very nice GUI for the end user. We
    > will make use of this system for sure. Plus the great part about it is the
    > signup is so easy it's ridiculous and it's free. I looked at Windows Live
    > but that's more than i want to get into. We already have our website
    > outsourced to a 3rd party and our domain belongs to them. Too complicated
    > i'm keeping it simple. Google's calendar is better than Yahoos, although
    > Yahoos isn't bad. Googles really takes the cake though
    >
    > Keith

    Are you going to sync it with Outlook or no?
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 23, 2006
  8. Can you sync it with outlook? I definitely will if it's possible.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 23, 2006
  9. Yes you can sync it to Outlook :) but you have to do it manually by
    exporting your Outlook calendar (iCal or CSV) and then importing it to
    Google Calendar. There is currently no automatic way to sync the two.

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 23, 2006
  10. Keith Chilton wrote:
    > Can you sync it with outlook? I definitely will if it's possible.

    Hehe, I was hoping you had figured that out. There are tools out there
    to do it but I haven't found one that worked well. I did implement
    SugarCRM (open source CRM package) to accomplish this. I used it for a
    small company looking to share calendaring & tasks amongst 5-7 users.
    It works well. You do have to buy a sync program but IIRC it was about
    $30/user. You may not need this functionality but I wanted to pass it
    along. (BTW, SugarCRM is also a great all-around CRM+ package. I say
    CRM+ because it also does some light project management and bug tracking
    too very well).

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 23, 2006
  11. That's interesting but i think we're wanting to go the cheap route on this.
    Maybe since the Google calendar is in it's Beta stages, they'll make the
    official version include automatic sync'ing (HAHA) It is nice to know that I
    can manually export the stuff though if need be.

    Thanks guys.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 23, 2006
  12. Keith Chilton

    TurkReno Guest

    "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in

    > What would be a simple way to implement calendar and appointment
    > sharing in MS office in my company? Most of my PC users are using
    > office 2000. I think it would entail using MS Exchange but I've never
    > touched it before.

    I'd use Exchange only if it wasn't the 2000 version. That is a PITA and
    not fun to fix. SBS if you're really persuing something that is worth your
    time.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Dec 23, 2006
  13. Keith Chilton

    TurkReno Guest

    "AJR" <> wrote in

    > Check out Office Live hosted by Microsoft.

    That too. BTW, take your phone number out of your sig if you don't really
    want people to call you.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50
    TurkReno, Dec 23, 2006
  14. I'm well aware my number is there. Call away i'm home right now LOL if you
    feel like calling my company go right ahead. If you can get ahold of me
    you're doing better than most! ;)

    Keith Chilton, Dec 23, 2006
  15. Lasher has this thing with signatures! :)

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 23, 2006
  16. Keith Chilton

    TurkReno Guest

    #:

    TurkReno, Dec 24, 2006
  17. I finally looked at his signature. Maybe that's what he wanted me to do? lol
    Promoting the MCNGP , whatever that is lol

    Keith Chilton, Dec 24, 2006
  18. MCNGP stands for Mean Certified News Group Poster. To be fair, they do
    have a point. Sometimes it is difficult to help individuals who do not
    help themselves. We all take the time to help anyone in need in these
    newsgroups. However when the newsgroups are populated with questions
    that top the list in a google search, it gets frustrating. I do not
    agree in flaming, being rude to, or insulting individuals. I simply
    refuse to take part in the thread. Then you have the trolls of the
    newsgroups which is their desire in life is to purposely post
    inflammatory messages and enjoy the ensuing war of words. In short,
    although I disagree with the MCNGP methods, I see their point.

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 24, 2006