    low cost offer and only got the disk and the key.

    Dave
    , Nov 21, 2011

  2. Bville Guest

    On 11/20/2011 6:07 PM, wrote:
    > I just purchased MS Office 2010 (from an offer at work at low cost)
    > and I am presently running MS Office 2000 at home. What I do not have
    > in 2000 is PowerPoint which is on the 2010 disk. The new disk is
    > labeled "Project Professional 2010. The complete suite is on the disk
    > and there is no reference to it being only an upgrade.
    >
    > I have a couple of questions:
    >
    > 1. If I install the complete 2010, will it affect my present 2000?
    >
    > 2. I think I could only install the PowerPoint component. Is that
    > true?
    >
    > Since I have a lot of macros and customized a lot of the menus on
    > Office 2000, I hate to lose them. I do not need any of the components
    > other than Powerpoint.
    >
    > I did not get a manual with this copy and do not need it. It was a
    > low cost offer and only got the disk and the key.
    >
    > Dave

    I think if you run the install disk, you will be given a choice of which
    programs you want to install. Uncheck all except Power Point. You can
    always cancel install at any time.
    Bville, Nov 22, 2011

  3. kelly Guest

    On Nov 21, 12:07 am, wrote:
    > I just purchased MS Office 2010 (from an offer at work at low cost)
    > and I am presently running MS Office 2000 at home.  What I do not have
    > in 2000 is PowerPoint which is on the 2010 disk.  The new disk is
    > labeled "Project Professional 2010.  The complete suite is on the disk
    > and there is no reference to it being only an upgrade.
    >
    > I have a couple of questions:
    >
    > 1.  If I install the complete 2010, will it affect my present 2000?
    >
    > 2.  I think I could only install the PowerPoint component.  Is that
    > true?
    >
    > Since I have a lot of macros and customized a lot of the menus on
    > Office 2000, I hate to lose them.  I do not need any of the components
    > other than Powerpoint.
    >
    > I did not get a manual with this copy and do not need it.  It was a
    > low cost offer and only got the disk and the key.
    >
    > Dave

    As Bville says, you have the choice. Click on "Customize" during the
    beginning of the instal.
    kelly, Nov 24, 2011
  4. CTSwest Guest

    在 2011å¹´11月21日星期一UTC+13下åˆ1æ—¶07分17秒,(未知)写é“:
    > I just purchased MS Office 2010 (from an offer at work at low cost)
    > and I am presently running MS Office 2000 at home. What I do not have
    > in 2000 is PowerPoint which is on the 2010 disk. The new disk is
    > labeled "Project Professional 2010. The complete suite is on the disk
    > and there is no reference to it being only an upgrade.
    >
    > I have a couple of questions:
    >
    > 1. If I install the complete 2010, will it affect my present 2000?
    >
    > 2. I think I could only install the PowerPoint component. Is that
    > true?
    >
    > Since I have a lot of macros and customized a lot of the menus on
    > Office 2000, I hate to lose them. I do not need any of the components
    > other than Powerpoint.
    >
    > I did not get a manual with this copy and do not need it. It was a
    > low cost offer and only got the disk and the key.
    >
    > Dave

    Hi Dave,

    You can install the whole office 2010 suite in your computer, and have youroffice 2000 on your computer as well. They won't bother each other as their installation paths are different.

    Regards,
    Ivan
    http://ctswest.co.nz
    CTSwest, Jul 1, 2012
  5. - Bobb - Guest

    BEFORE you do that....

    Install each to its own folder - do NOT share the install folder between
    2000 and 2010
    In 2003 they changed things ' behind the scenes ' for Office
    2000 vs. 2003 ( 2010)

    Read details at msft for why not. example here:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179105(v=office.12)

    ? 2011?11?21????UTC+13??1?07?17?,(??)??:

    - Bobb -, Jul 1, 2012