MS Office 2010 Beta?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim, Jan 11, 2010.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Jan 11, 2010

  2. Jim

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Jim Post:
    > What exactly is a beta product?
    >
    > Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
    >
    > http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    >
    > What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

    100 mullion people are using this:
    http://www.openoffice.org/
    Try it you'll like it.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Jan 11, 2010

  3. Jim

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The Jim Post:
    > What exactly is a beta product?
    >
    > Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
    >
    > http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    >
    > What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

    100 mullion people are using this:
    http://www.openoffice.org/
    Try it you'll like it.
    PS: Beta means it's in its experimental stages. Microsoft has never
    perfected anything they have ever sold. Weather it be an Operating
    System or a software application.

    OldGringo38, Jan 11, 2010
  4. Jim

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Desk Rabbit, Jan 11, 2010
  5. Jim

    chuckcar Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in

    > What exactly is a beta product?
    >
    > Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
    >
    > http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    >
    > What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

    By definition, a Beta copy is a state of development where the program
    shouldn't crash or cause blue screen errors in Windows, but some
    features will not work as they're supposed to. However the term is used
    far more than Alpha, which *is* a version that will cause the above, so
    either would be prudent to expect. It is *not* a fully working version.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jan 11, 2010
  6. Jim

    Tony Guest

    It means they (Microshit) baits (beta, ah they bait you) you then the
    whole things fucks up on you and you end formatting your hard drive
    because it comes with no uninstaller.

    Jim wrote:

    > What exactly is a beta product?
    >
    > Is this link going to get me a free copy of ms office 2010?
    >
    > http://us1.office2010beta.microsoft.com/default.aspx
    >
    > What's the catch? Is this a fully working copy?

    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jan 12, 2010
  7. Jim

    Tony Guest

    You should know about beta software, you download all that freeware shit
    and you're always on that alt.free.newsservers newsgroup. Why you're
    nothing but a human lab rat born as a test-tube baby. You're nothing but an
    experiment in human stupidity.

    Tony, Jan 12, 2010
  8. Jim

    VanguardLH Guest