    abole to translate it.

    All non-violent suggestions greatfully received.

    Philip
    Philip, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Philip

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > My small MS network here works well through the ADSL router to Internet,
    > but not all of the computers can see all the other computers.
    >
    > I've done all the usual stuff and worked through the Microsoft online
    > help. Doesn't work. I can Help
    >
    > I've read somewhere that XP Pro defaults to diallowing access from
    > external pooters - but I can't find this setting. Not helped by the fact
    > that this is a German version but if I know the Engolish I should be
    > abole to translate it.
    >
    > All non-violent suggestions greatfully received.

    The two obvious things to check...
    1. File & print sharing must be enabled on the PC's.
    2. File and print option must be enabled on the XP firewall in the
    exceptions list

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jul 26, 2005

  3. In article <>, says...
    > My small MS network here works well through the ADSL router to Internet,
    > but not all of the computers can see all the other computers.
    >
    > I've done all the usual stuff and worked through the Microsoft online
    > help. Doesn't work. I can Help
    >
    > I've read somewhere that XP Pro defaults to diallowing access from
    > external pooters - but I can't find this setting. Not helped by the fact
    > that this is a German version but if I know the Engolish I should be
    > abole to translate it.
    >
    > All non-violent suggestions greatfully received.
    >
    > Philip

    Start -> run -> gpedit.msc (only works in XP Pro a.f.a.i.k.)
    Look under
    Local computer policy
    Windows Settings
    Local Policies
    Security Options
    on my system it's the 3rd item from the top.

    Other than that, go look through http://www.wown.com - it's a very
    helpful site that's saved my bacon many times.

    cheers, -Peter
    Peter Huebner, Jul 26, 2005