    I think the contacts have to be installed. But they are there already. How
    do I do that?

    Thanks.

    ultrak, May 27, 2005

  2. ultrak

    FML Guest

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 21:17:48 GMT, "ultrak" <>
    wrote:

    >I installed MS Outlook 2003- and now, when it opens, I get a window which
    >asks for a password for MS LDAP Directory Server,, and I click cancel, and
    >then it says the directory cant connect.
    >
    >I think the contacts have to be installed. But they are there already. How
    >do I do that?
    >
    >Thanks.

    When you installed Outllook, did you choose the Internet Mail install?
    Sounds like you chose the Exchange install. Unless you have an
    Exchange server (which you probably don't have if this is a home
    install), you needed to have installed the Internet Mail version.

    FML, May 27, 2005

  3. ultrak

    ultrak Guest

    Thanks.
    I tried reinstalling Outlook, but I didn't see a chance to pick the INternet
    Mail version.
    BUT I did
    1.. On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
    2.. Under Directory, click View or change existing directories, and then
    click Next.
    3.. If Outlook Address Book is not listed, click Add.
    4.. Click Additional Address Books, and then click Next.
    5.. Click Outlook Address Book, and then click Next.
    6.. Click Finish, and then restart Outlook
    And this helped!But thanks for your help.

    ultrak, May 28, 2005
  4. ultrak

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You need to close Outlook and access that feature from the control
    panel>mail icon.

    pcbutts1, May 28, 2005