Ms Home Server

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Feb 8, 2009.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    I happened to visit Microsofts web site, and there on the front page was an
    invite to download a 120 day trial version of Home Server.

    Having read good reviews about MS Home Server, along with reading it was
    darn hard to get hold of, I took the bait.

    Okay can I do this without giving some information about myself. Well
    other places on this site one can not.

    Okay, one can.

    Now this is interestings as here is MS offering a programme which can go the
    whole way, via money. It is kind of Shareware in away.

    I have read good reviews about MS Home Server, along with reading it was
    darn hard to get hold of.

    The web site info about it was good. It warned that some technical ability
    was required to install.

    I have downloaded the iso, burn't to a CD, and commenced the install. The
    wheels fell off. I was bout frustrated and amused at the catch 22, and other
    "error" messages.

    The please supply your key window appeared in large format. It was only
    after reading all the small print that I knew it was possible to carry on.

    In short people, installation is tricky at times. However point is that if
    someone is trying to tempt me into parting with my money, MS has gotten off
    to a very poor start.

    After all when one "buys" a product one wants to take it home and for it to
    work. Come on MS, you need to try harder to make your temptware, like a an
    attractive sex worker, not like a bits and byte up. This way people will pay
    for the experience.

    For the record, this review is no reflection upon of the actual installed
    product.

    Gordon, Feb 8, 2009