    activation key on your e mail, we understood. This is exactly how you
    could get Windows 64 bit Release Candidate 2."

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21760

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > well, to those that own a copy of XP 32bit.
    > "Once it's released you will have to register at Microsoft site and will
    > fill the form, download your Windows 64 bit company and will get your
    > activation key on your e mail, we understood. This is exactly how you
    > could get Windows 64 bit Release Candidate 2."
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21760

    A release candidate......probably set to die at some point.

    No future in that.

    steve, Mar 14, 2005

  3. steve wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> well, to those that own a copy of XP 32bit.
    >> "Once it's released you will have to register at Microsoft site and
    >> will fill the form, download your Windows 64 bit company and will get
    >> your activation key on your e mail, we understood. This is exactly how
    >> you could get Windows 64 bit Release Candidate 2."
    >>
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21760

    > A release candidate......probably set to die at some point.
    >
    > No future in that.

    The URL pointed to mentions release candidate, but specifically talks
    about being able to exchange a x86 version of XP for the x64 version,
    the final release (full version) that is.

    I'm not aware of any local annoucements myself yet, but it makes sense,
    and I hear a similar offer will be available for the Windows Server x64
    versions for Microsoft customers too.

    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Mar 14, 2005
  4. steve wrote:
    >> well, to those that own a copy of XP 32bit.
    >> "Once it's released you will have to register at Microsoft site and
    >> will fill the form, download your Windows 64 bit company and will get
    >> your activation key on your e mail, we understood. This is exactly how
    >> you could get Windows 64 bit Release Candidate 2."
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21760

    > A release candidate......probably set to die at some point.
    > No future in that.

    ahhh, no, they're guving away the full version, to owners of Windows XP
    32bit... atleast thats what I read.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 14, 2005