    I am unable to turn on my firewall. I have tried via the Control Panel and
    the toolbar icon. Any ideas appreciated.

    TIA

    malacy finn, Jun 22, 2005

  2. malacy finn

    Guest

    , Jun 22, 2005

  3. malacy finn

    °Mike° Guest

    In <Fcgue.832$>,
    malacy finn took 6 lines to utter:

    >I am unable to turn on my firewall. I have tried via the Control Panel and
    >the toolbar icon. Any ideas appreciated.
    >
    >TIA

    You must make sure that the Windows Firewall / ICS service is
    running. Change it to 'Automatic'.

    Start / Run / services.msc

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2005
  4. malacy finn

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    took 12 lines to utter:

    >On "malacy finn" <> wrote:
    >
    >|>I am unable to turn on my firewall. I have tried via the Control Panel and
    >|>the toolbar icon. Any ideas appreciated.
    >
    >Run (WinKey+R) Firewall.cpl <enter>

    "I have tried via the Control Panel..."

    >If that doesn't do it, your missing that file.

    Very unlikely.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2005
  5. malacy finn

    alesh Guest

    I had similar situation with one of my clients machines.
    Had some weird malware/spyware/virus. I removed it, but couldn't tur
    on SP2 firewall.
    There are many solutions for this.
    Useful link: http://tinyurl.com/7dur7

    The malware changes windows group policy settings on the local machin
    (home or pro, not in domain).
    Run gpedit.msc, right click Local Computer Policy and check bot
    checkboxes.

    Re-try the firewall problem.

    Report back!

    ales