MS Exchange 2003 - mails not getting through

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Paul Smith, Nov 21, 2008.

  1. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    MS Exchange 2003 - mails not getting through

    Hi all

    I hope you can help me here cos I am really going nuts!!.

    I just setup my new exchange 2003 server. I am running it on a domain
    controller and its integrated with active directory. I also setup the server
    as a primary DNS server. I just joined 3 PCs with this domain and all DNS
    records are OK and I have all alias host records with the correct IP. Ping
    is fine from server to clients and also vice versa.

    Problem is that although I can configure outlook on all PCs with username
    and everything, the emails I am sending between each other is not arriving.
    Also outlook is not giving errors...emails just wont arrive in any of the
    mailboxes! Is there something I can check to see why they are not getting
    through??

    Thanks a lot !
    Paul Smith, Nov 21, 2008

  2. Paul Smith

    Pete Jones Guest

    Have you turned on Message Tracking?
    --
    Pete Jones
    MCSE:Security, MCSE:Messaging

    Pete Jones, Nov 21, 2008

  3. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    how do i turn it on pls??

    Paul Smith, Nov 21, 2008
  4. "Paul Smith" <> wrote in message
    > MS Exchange 2003 - mails not getting through
    >
    > Hi all
    >
    > I hope you can help me here cos I am really going nuts!!.

    Paul, multiple individual postings are not appropriate for this type of
    issue.

    As noted in one of the other newsgroups you posted this identical message
    into,
    I've forwarded your message to microsoft.public.exchange.setup,
    which is the appropriate newsgroup to be asking this type of question.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 21, 2008
  5. Paul Smith

    Ssanjib Guest

    hi fren, what u can check is whether the services like smtp,nmtp pop3, are
    1. not blocked by the firewall.
    2.these services are run in the startup (or u can manually run these
    services).u problem may be solved.

    Ssanjib, Dec 9, 2008
  6. Paul Smith

    Kline Sphere Guest

    wow, what a guru you are.

    On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 04:24:01 -0800, Ssanjib
    <> wrote:

    >hi fren, what u can check is whether the services like smtp,nmtp pop3, are
    >1. not blocked by the firewall.
    >2.these services are run in the startup (or u can manually run these
    >services).u problem may be solved.
    >
    >"Paul Smith" wrote:
    >
    >> MS Exchange 2003 - mails not getting through
    >>
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I hope you can help me here cos I am really going nuts!!.
    >>
    >> I just setup my new exchange 2003 server. I am running it on a domain
    >> controller and its integrated with active directory. I also setup the server
    >> as a primary DNS server. I just joined 3 PCs with this domain and all DNS
    >> records are OK and I have all alias host records with the correct IP. Ping
    >> is fine from server to clients and also vice versa.
    >>
    >> Problem is that although I can configure outlook on all PCs with username
    >> and everything, the emails I am sending between each other is not arriving.
    >> Also outlook is not giving errors...emails just wont arrive in any of the
    >> mailboxes! Is there something I can check to see why they are not getting
    >> through??
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot !

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Dec 9, 2008