    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
    http://www.ubuntu.com

    Au79, Sep 30, 2007

  2. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Au79 <> wrote in news:cwFLi.63486$:

    > SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s Excel 2007 spreadsheet program is going to

    have
    > to relearn part of its multiplication table.
    >
    > In a blog post, Microsoft employee David Gainer said that when computer
    > users tried to get Excel 2007 to multiply some pairs of numbers and the
    > result was 65,535, Excel would incorrectly display 100,000 as the answer.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/336vly

    Note that this is a DISPLAY bug, not a calculation bug and only occurs in
    very special circumstances in Excel 2007. More info here:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2007/09/25/calculation-issue-update.aspx

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 1, 2007

  3. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Fuzzy Logic wrote:

    > Au79 <> wrote in news:cwFLi.63486$:
    >
    >> SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp.'s Excel 2007 spreadsheet program is going to

    > have
    >> to relearn part of its multiplication table.
    >>
    >> In a blog post, Microsoft employee David Gainer said that when computer
    >> users tried to get Excel 2007 to multiply some pairs of numbers and the
    >> result was 65,535, Excel would incorrectly display 100,000 as the answer.
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/336vly
    >>

    > Note that this is a DISPLAY bug, not a calculation bug and only occurs in
    > very special circumstances in Excel 2007. More info here:

    Just the same, it is another glaring example of MS Shoddiness.

    Au79, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Au79

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Au79.

    In <news:DMlMi.3673$> you wrote:

    > Just the same, it is another glaring example of MS Shoddiness.

    And of course, every piece of software written for Linux is bug free.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Oct 2, 2007
  5. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Ponder <> wrote in news:1lj79my54blip
    $:

    > Hiya Au79.
    >
    > In <news:DMlMi.3673$> you wrote:
    >
    >> Just the same, it is another glaring example of MS Shoddiness.

    > And of course, every piece of software written for Linux is bug free.

    His version of *nix comes with rose-colored glasses.

    Fuzzy Logic, Oct 2, 2007
  6. Au79

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Fuzzy Logic.

    In <news:Xns99BD909B8598bobarcabca@199.185.223.74> you wrote:

    >> And of course, every piece of software written for Linux is bug free.

    > His version of *nix comes with rose-colored glasses.

    It must do. Pity some of us have to live with reality ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Oct 3, 2007