    can't find a classroom based course locally. Are they as good? Do they have
    simulations for hands-on stuff?

    Any opinions gratefully received!
    Mungus, Oct 6, 2008

  2. Mungus

    Dude Guest

    I used a couple of free trials when I was studying for the Server 2008 exams.
    I thought they were pretty good, for free anyway. The information in these
    courses seemed more relevant than Microsoft MOC books for example. I don't
    remember any labs, but maybe there were a few simulations. These were very
    short courses, so maybe the longer ones have more hands on stuff? One
    problem with online courses is that they are Bore-ing. I can barely sit
    through a couple of 1 hour courses. Another problem with online courses is
    that you can't aske the instructor any questions. You can always lookup your
    questions in the Technet Knowlegebase though. That worked for me.

    Dude, Oct 7, 2008

  3. Mungus

    Mungus Guest

    Thanks for that, dude. I can see that it might be a boring way to study, but
    then again I find 5 day courses can be a bit of an ordeal too.

    Anyone else had a go?

    Mungus, Oct 7, 2008
  4. Mungus wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Just wondering if anyone here has used the MS e-learning online courses?
    > I'm thinking of signing up for the Exchange 2003 ones (5148/5149) because I
    > can't find a classroom based course locally. Are they as good? Do they have
    > simulations for hands-on stuff?
    >
    > Any opinions gratefully received!

    I used the free e-learning for 70-431 (SQL 2005). I thought it was
    good. I liked that it was self-paced as you could skip easy topics and
    re-play others if needed.

    Good luck.
    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 8, 2008