    build such an emulator to run these ancient programs....?

    And if it is possible has anyone started any such project?

    , Aug 23, 2005

  2. DOSBox is 32-bit and runs on XP64.

    Dominic Payer, Aug 23, 2005

  3. You could try running those DOS Apps in the latest version of VM Ware
    Workstation which runs on x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 23, 2005
  4. On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:20:22 +0100, Andre Da Costa <>
    wrote:

    > You could try running those DOS Apps in the latest version of VM Ware
    > Workstation which runs on x64.

    Or BOCHS, (free)

    http://bochs.sf.net

    You don't get the performance of VMWare or VirtualPC, as it's full
    processor emulation, rather than virtualization, but it may be good enough
    to run DOS and some basic games. I managed to get it to emulate NT4 and
    close to wull speed a while ago...

    Mark Gillespie, Aug 23, 2005