    the courseware, this would seem to be a fairly easy cert, but I'm not
    so sure about that when considering the questions/practice tests that
    I've seen....anyone else have the same opinion?

    DBowman, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Hi DBowman,

    It's important to keep in mind the purpose of the courseware, versus the
    purpose of practice tests. The courseware is aimed at the individual who has
    some basic computer knowledge and experience, and it has to cover all the
    concepts you need to understand before you can even begin to troubleshoot a
    problem. So if you really didn't know much about the OS, the courseware
    would introduce you to all the areas of it that you'd need as a desktop
    support technician and how to approach problems that might occur in those
    different areas so that after the course, you could work with the OS until
    you felt confident enough to try the certification exam.

    --
    Jeanie Decker
    Microsoft Learning

    Check out www.microsoft.com/learning/elearning.asp for online courses!

    Jeanie Decker \(MS\), Jul 7, 2004

  3. I took and passed the 272 test already. I found the practice tests were
    actually a little harder than the exam. This is a good thing because if you
    can pass the practice exam you should be able to do the real thing.
    --
    Shelby Meyer
    MCSA, A+, N+, iN+, CIW

    Shelby Meyer \(MCSA, A+, N+ iN+, CIW\), Jul 7, 2004
  4. DBowman

    Lost Guest

    <snip>
    various practice tests and braindumps for this cert?
    </snip>

    The use of braindumps constitutes cheating. To actually
    imply that use in an MS newsgroup confirms stupidity.

    B)
    Take out the trash befor you email me

    Lost, Jul 7, 2004