MS Antispyware Beta2 (Defender)

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by The Rev [MCT], Feb 23, 2006.

  1. The Rev [MCT], Feb 23, 2006

  2. The Rev [MCT]

    TechGeekPro Guest

    TechGeekPro, Feb 23, 2006

  3. The Rev [MCT]

    Dragon Guest

    It defends windows (not you).

    Dragon, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Well I knew some had asked when the next update was coming.

    Plus you have to admit Defender is a funny name. Anyone remember that game
    for the 2600?

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Feb 23, 2006
  5. The Rev [MCT]

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of TechGeekPro:

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

    > And your point would be... what?

    I found out this week that it gleefully ignores ConHook, WhyPPC, And
    VirtuMundo.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Feb 23, 2006
  6. The Rev [MCT]

    Dragon Guest

    Now, these are truly funny names. :)

    Dragon, Feb 23, 2006
  7. The Rev [MCT]

    Frisbee® Guest

    "The Rev [MCT]" <> wrote in message
    > Well I knew some had asked when the next update was coming.
    >
    > Plus you have to admit Defender is a funny name. Anyone remember that game
    > for the 2600?

    The 2600? I played it on my TRS-80.

    Frisbee®, Feb 23, 2006
  8. The Rev [MCT]

    Frisbee® Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, the
    > plaintive wail of TechGeekPro:
    >
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

    >> And your point would be... what?

    > I found out this week that it gleefully ignores ConHook

    Con's been up to his old tricks again, eh?

    Frisbee®, Feb 23, 2006
  9. The Rev [MCT]

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Dragon:

    > Now, these are truly funny names. :)

    Well, considering the type of person that would write these @&#*% pieces of
    Shiteware...

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Feb 23, 2006
  10. Well my other problem with the name is that the last product I used with
    that name was BlackICE Defender which as we all know was a passive piece of
    crap.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Feb 23, 2006
  11. Ok here we go. It's a pissing contest for geeks. :) Who's got the oldest
    most retro hardware?

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Feb 23, 2006
  12. The Rev [MCT]

    CBIC Guest

    In news:u%23IOh$,
    The Rev [MCT] <> embarrassed himself by saying:
    > Ok here we go. It's a pissing contest for geeks. :) Who's got the
    > oldest most retro hardware?

    I have an abacus used by the ancient Egyptians.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Feb 23, 2006
  13. Well I'm out.
    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Feb 23, 2006
  14. The Rev [MCT]

    MitchS Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > I have an abacus used by the ancient Egyptians.

    I have a hammer.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

    MitchS, Feb 23, 2006
  15. The Rev [MCT]

    Consultant Guest

    i just carved a semi-circular wheel

    Consultant, Feb 23, 2006
  16. The Rev [MCT]

    Consultant Guest

    shhhhhhhhhh

    Consultant, Feb 23, 2006
  17. "Consultant" wrote:

    > i just carved a semi-circular wheel
    >
    > "MitchS" <> wrote in message
    > > "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> I have an abacus used by the ancient Egyptians.

    > > I have a hammer.
    > >
    > > --

    I hate to say it... but I think Neil has us all beat for the most retro
    "hardware".

    Or.... would that be "soft" ware?

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Feb 23, 2006
  18. you said Neil beat and hard in the same sentence. I thought the FBI had
    regulations set inplace to prevent that.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Feb 23, 2006
  19. The Rev [MCT]

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    Keyboard Cowboy <> embarrassed
    himself by saying:
    > "Consultant" wrote:
    >
    >> i just carved a semi-circular wheel
    >>
    >> "MitchS" <> wrote in message
    >>> "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    >>> I have a hammer.
    >>>
    >>> --

    > I hate to say it... but I think Neil has us all beat for the most
    > retro "hardware".
    >

    > Or.... would that be "soft" ware?

    Are you referring to his floppy?
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Feb 23, 2006
  20. "CBIC" wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Keyboard Cowboy <> embarrassed
    > himself by saying:
    > > "Consultant" wrote:
    > >
    > >> i just carved a semi-circular wheel
    > >>
    > >> "MitchS" <> wrote in message

    > > I hate to say it... but I think Neil has us all beat for the most
    > > retro "hardware".
    > >

    > > Or.... would that be "soft" ware?

    > Are you referring to his floppy?
    > --

    Well, it certainly isn't a 3.5 in.

    Well... not that I would know or anything...

    Why is everyone looking at me?.... Uh... billyw told me (he ain't here to
    defend himself... shameless me)

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Feb 23, 2006