    If so, is it a good idea to do so ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Brian Guest

    "Robert11" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > Hello:
    >
    > Regarding MRU (most recently used) Lists that are apparently
    > stored automatically in XP.
    >
    > Didn't even know they existed until AdAware came up with them.
    >
    > Any way of disabling the keeping of these lists automatically ?
    >
    > If so, is it a good idea to do so ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    unless there is a programme out there which can do the job better:

    thanks to:
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...gistrySettingsfortheStartMenuinWindowsXP.html

    http://tinyurl.com/6nm9h

    look for:

    Policy:Clear history of recent documents on exit (more or less what you are
    looking for i guess)

    Maximum number of recent documents (you could set it to "1" but the one with
    the latest timestamp will always be shown)

    Remove Recent Documents item from Start Menu

    Policy:Disable user tracking (using this will stop the file "recently used"
    being shown but the system file "recent will still show up" just don't let
    other users have permission to see system files. also your start>>programme
    menu may act differently than usual.. i.e not marking the recently used
    progs)

    in the registry.. start>>run type regedit>>ok
    back up the registry first.. file>>export>>select all>>select destination>>
    save>>.. import it back if any probs occur.
    navigate to the hive displayed on the above site and add any of the keys to
    the right hand pane.. right click>>new>>DWORD-value.. a "1" is for enabled a
    "0" is disabled.

    Brian, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Robert11

    °Mike° Guest

    You cannot disable them all, but you can get MRU Blaster:
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/mrublaster.html

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:10:55 -0500, in
    <>
    Robert11 scrawled: