    Is there information or free tools to be embeddedd into the MRTG
    Server in Windows version or Linux version ?

    Thank you

    Benson, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Benson

    PES Guest

    "Benson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using MRTG for monitoring all devices, but now want to know how I
    > can monitor the MS Exchanger server ?
    > Is there information or free tools to be embeddedd into the MRTG
    > Server in Windows version or Linux version ?
    >
    > Thank you

    You can monitor anything with mrtg that can return a value. To monitor
    Exchange, you would probably need to find the oid for the mib you wish to
    monitor, or script to exchange with wmi. I've seen examples somewhere, I
    think.

    PES, Aug 31, 2004

  3. maybe this can help you:
    http://www.somix.com/support/mrtg_repository.php

    --
    \|/
    (o o)

    Remien, Carsten, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Benson

    AnyBody43 Guest

    "PES" <NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE**SUCKS> wrote in message news:<41345446$>...
    > "Benson" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am using MRTG for monitoring all devices, but now want to know how I
    > > can monitor the MS Exchanger server ?
    > > Is there information or free tools to be embeddedd into the MRTG
    > > Server in Windows version or Linux version ?
    > >
    > > Thank you

    > You can monitor anything with mrtg that can return a value. To monitor
    > Exchange, you would probably need to find the oid for the mib you wish to
    > monitor, or script to exchange with wmi. I've seen examples somewhere, I
    > think.

    It looks like http://www.wtcs.org/ SNMP Informant
    puts all of the Exchange (perfmon?) counters into SNMP.

    It appears promising but I have not tried it.

    See also snmp4tpc.??? which is a companion site with free stuff.

    AnyBody43, Aug 31, 2004