MRTG and Cisco routers

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mirek, Feb 15, 2004.

  1. Mirek

    Mirek Guest

    Hello everybody

    I have tiny problem. I have a couple routers in my wide area network. I
    would like to meassure a in/outbound traffic using MRTG. I've typed
    snmp-server and access-list corretly. I'm sure.
    My problem is that I can get any infomations only from the router which is
    the next hop fro thah server. I can not get informations fro others routers
    placed in others networks.

    My MRTG gave my only this informations:

    SNMP Error:
    no response received
    SNMPv1_Session (remote host: [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX].161)
    community: "public"
    request ID: -849662
    PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
    timeout: 2s
    retries: 5
    backoff: 1)
    SNMPWALK Problem for 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 on ::::::v4only
    WARNING: Skipping : as no info could be retrieved

    What's is going on?
    Please help.

    Best regards
    Mirek
    Mirek, Feb 15, 2004

  2. On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:38:37 +0100, "Mirek" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello everybody
    >
    >I have tiny problem. I have a couple routers in my wide area network. I
    >would like to meassure a in/outbound traffic using MRTG. I've typed
    >snmp-server and access-list corretly. I'm sure.
    >My problem is that I can get any infomations only from the router which is
    >the next hop fro thah server. I can not get informations fro others routers
    >placed in others networks.
    >
    >My MRTG gave my only this informations:
    >
    >SNMP Error:
    >no response received

    Check basic routing first -- can the MRTG server reach the remote
    routers at all, e.g. via ping?

    -Terry
    Terry Baranski, Feb 15, 2004

  3. "Mirek" <> wrote in message news:<c0ni74$s5l$>...
    > Hello everybody
    >
    > I have tiny problem. I have a couple routers in my wide area network. I
    > would like to meassure a in/outbound traffic using MRTG. I've typed
    > snmp-server and access-list corretly. I'm sure.
    > My problem is that I can get any infomations only from the router which is
    > the next hop fro thah server. I can not get informations fro others routers
    > placed in others networks.
    >
    > My MRTG gave my only this informations:
    >
    > SNMP Error:
    > no response received
    > SNMPv1_Session (remote host: [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX].161)
    > community: "public"
    > request ID: -849662
    > PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
    > timeout: 2s
    > retries: 5
    > backoff: 1)
    > SNMPWALK Problem for 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 on ::::::v4only
    > WARNING: Skipping : as no info could be retrieved
    >
    > What's is going on?
    > Please help.
    >
    > Best regards
    > Mirek

    This is ip reachability issue for sure. I once had this problem and it
    was b/c of ip reachability. Try pinging the router and if it is
    working then check whether snmp port is reachable. Also check if there
    is any access list applied on the router and if it is then check
    whether it allows snmp ports.

    Owais Bin Zuber
    Network Engineer
    Kontact Remote Services