    enabled all snmp traps on the switch and the mrtg.cfg has created an
    entry for vlan1 and every port on the switch. Any more i need to look
    at here to gather data. Thanks

    mmark75, Feb 2, 2007

  2. I have experienced that MRTG does not show any data when you monitor VLAN.
    Try to monitor physical interface instead.

    Sincerely,

    Mike
    ------
    PC Headset Adapters for a Cisco IP Phone
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Feb 2, 2007

  3. mmark75

    mmark75 Guest

    On Feb 2, 10:17 am, "headsetadapter.com" <> wrote:
    > I have experienced that MRTG does not show any data when you monitor VLAN.
    > Try to monitor physical interface instead.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Mike
    > ------
    > PC Headset Adapters for a Cisco IP Phonewww.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    >
    > "mmark75" <> wrote in message

    > >i have just installed mrtg 2.15.1 to monitor vlan1 and one Fiber
    > > uplink port on my cisco catalyst 3750, 2 switch, stack. It was
    > > installed per instructions and i'm not getting it to gather any
    > > data(it displays the web pages but with no data gathered). I have
    > > enabled all snmp traps on the switch and the mrtg.cfg has created an
    > > entry for vlan1 and every port on the switch. Any more i need to look
    > > at here to gather data. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

    Yes - thanks. I am more interested in the interface stats than
    vlan1. It is coming up with no data for the interface as well.
    Should it start gathering data right after installation with nothing
    more than me specifiying a snmp community string on the switch. Thanks

    mmark75, Feb 2, 2007
  4. mmark75

    chris Guest

    "mmark75" <> wrote in message
    > On Feb 2, 10:17 am, "headsetadapter.com" <> wrote:
    >> I have experienced that MRTG does not show any data when you monitor
    >> VLAN.
    >> Try to monitor physical interface instead.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Mike
    >> ------
    >> PC Headset Adapters for a Cisco IP Phonewww.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    >>
    >> "mmark75" <> wrote in message

    >> >i have just installed mrtg 2.15.1 to monitor vlan1 and one Fiber
    >> > uplink port on my cisco catalyst 3750, 2 switch, stack. It was
    >> > installed per instructions and i'm not getting it to gather any
    >> > data(it displays the web pages but with no data gathered). I have
    >> > enabled all snmp traps on the switch and the mrtg.cfg has created an
    >> > entry for vlan1 and every port on the switch. Any more i need to look
    >> > at here to gather data. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

    > Yes - thanks. I am more interested in the interface stats than
    > vlan1. It is coming up with no data for the interface as well.
    > Should it start gathering data right after installation with nothing
    > more than me specifiying a snmp community string on the switch. Thanks

    What happens when you run the config file? Are there any errors? How often
    does MRTG poll the device? Are there any valves in the log files?

    Can you post the cfg file?

    Chris.

    chris, Feb 2, 2007