MRTG and 5800 line monitoring

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Matt, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    So I'm trying to monitor usage on my AS5800. I have a DS3 coming into
    it, but the way the phone company is setup they send me T1s over the
    DS3.. so my config looks something like this:

    controller T1 1/0/0:1
    framing esf
    fdl ansi
    ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb mf dnis
    description HC xxx-xxxx Laporte
    !
    controller T1 1/0/0:2
    framing esf
    fdl ansi
    ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb mf dnis
    description HC xxx-xxxx Liberty
    !
    controller T1 1/0/0:3
    framing esf
    fdl ansi
    ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb mf dnis
    description HC xxx-xxxx Towanda
    !
    controller T1 1/0/0:4
    framing esf
    fdl ansi
    ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb mf dnis
    description HC xxx-xxxx Wellsboro

    I've tried several different setups in MRTG to try to get it to monitor
    line usage but none of them seem to work. What OID do I need to use
    here? Normally I just poll total system usage to find capacity.. but in
    this case I have to poll each T1 individually. blah..
    Matt, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Matt

    fugi Guest

    Matt <> wrote:
    > So I'm trying to monitor usage on my AS5800. I have a DS3 coming into
    > it, but the way the phone company is setup they send me T1s over the
    > DS3.. so my config looks something like this:

    > controller T1 1/0/0:1
    > framing esf
    > fdl ansi
    > ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb mf dnis
    > description HC xxx-xxxx Laporte
    > !
    > controller T1 1/0/0:2
    > framing esf
    > fdl ansi
    > ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb mf dnis
    > description HC xxx-xxxx Liberty
    > !
    > controller T1 1/0/0:3
    > framing esf
    > fdl ansi
    > ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb mf dnis
    > description HC xxx-xxxx Towanda
    > !
    > controller T1 1/0/0:4
    > framing esf
    > fdl ansi
    > ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-fgb mf dnis
    > description HC xxx-xxxx Wellsboro

    > I've tried several different setups in MRTG to try to get it to monitor
    > line usage but none of them seem to work. What OID do I need to use
    > here? Normally I just poll total system usage to find capacity.. but in
    > this case I have to poll each T1 individually. blah..

    you've tried snmpwalk'ing it and guessing?

    --
    Anyone who becomes master of a city accustomed to freedom and does
    not destroy it may expect to be destroyed by it; for such a city
    fugi, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Matt

    Jeroen Guest

    You can use :
    Active Lines: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.2.0
    Active analogue modems: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4.0

    Jeroen

    The Netherlands

    Jeroen, Feb 20, 2004