MR. Miller please reply

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bryan, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message
    news:CqUib.4893$
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    > for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    > immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    > Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    > or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    > resident.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help,
    >
    > Preet

    Over to you Mr Slumpy Miller!
    ;)
    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Bryan wrote:
    > "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    >> for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    >> immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    >> Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    >> or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    >> resident.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >>
    >> Preet

    > Over to you Mr Slumpy Miller!
    > ;)

    Sure you don't mean Windy?
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <> wrote in message
    > Bryan wrote:
    >> "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    >>> for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    >>> immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    >>> Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    >>> or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    >>> resident.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >>>
    >>> Preet

    >> Over to you Mr Slumpy Miller!
    >> ;)

    > Sure you don't mean Windy?

    Ummmm! Don't think so! Might be surprised though. :)
    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003
  4. Bryan

    Raine Guest

    "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    > "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    > > for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    > > immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    > > Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    > > or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    > > resident.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for your help,
    > >
    > > Preet

    > Over to you Mr Slumpy Miller!
    > ;)

    Dusty Miller?
    Raine, Oct 14, 2003
  5. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "Raine" <> wrote in message
    > "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    >> "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    >>> for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    >>> immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    >>> Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    >>> or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    >>> resident.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >>>
    >>> Preet

    >> Over to you Mr Slumpy Miller!
    >> ;)

    > Dusty Miller?

    I don't think there's any dust on Slumpy :)
    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003
  6. Bryan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:

    > "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    >> for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    >> immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    >> Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    >> or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    >> resident.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >>
    >> Preet

    > Over to you Mr Slumpy Miller!
    > ;)

    Why thank you ;-)
    slumpy, Oct 14, 2003
  7. Bryan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Preet Chawla continued:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    > for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    > immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    > Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    > or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    > resident.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help,
    >
    > Preet

    Dear Mrs Chawla

    Please accept my humblest apologies for not informing you sooner, but
    unfortunately the Head of Immigration has decided that as you are not a
    citizen and did not originate here, you could not be admitted as a
    returning resident. Unfortunately due to this oversight it means you are
    technically an illegal alien.

    As such, we have a problem with this - you cannot be allowed to wander
    freely about the countryside, especially with your political ideals,
    spreading malcontent amongst the peasant population. Also, as you are
    technically an illegal alien but were permitted to enter the country
    legally and with our permission we cannot deport you.

    We therefore submit to you this suggestion. You surrender yourself to us
    at this address :

    Canadian Repatriation And Population, Barrack #4152, Ottawa Airbase.

    From here, you will be stripped of your possessions and processed. You
    will then be transferred to a secret location where you will be given
    free legal advice and parachute training.

    After your 3-week induction course you will be flown to the coast of
    Jakarta where you will parachute to the ground at night, and will be
    contacted by one of our operatives, who will take you to a safe-house.
    When the threat of any danger has been assessed you will be repatriated
    with your family, who have been informed of your return. Your younger
    brother is being held with your family's permission until it can be
    confirmed you have no intention of returning to Canada.

    Please surrender yourself within 48 hours of the sending of this email.

    All your affairs will be sorted for you by our Possessions and
    Repatriation Team.

    Regards

    Miller (Agent B15)
    slumpy, Oct 14, 2003
  8. Bryan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:

    > "Raine" <> wrote in message
    >> "Bryan" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message

    >>> Over to you Mr Slumpy Miller!
    >>> ;)

    >> Dusty Miller?

    > I don't think there's any dust on Slumpy :)

    Only a fine layer - I haven't moved much since Friday.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Preet Chawla
    > continued:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    >> for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    >> immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    >> Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    >> or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    >> resident.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >>
    >> Preet

    > Dear Mrs Chawla
    >
    > Please accept my humblest apologies for not informing you sooner, but
    > unfortunately the Head of Immigration has decided that as you are not
    > a citizen and did not originate here, you could not be admitted as a
    > returning resident. Unfortunately due to this oversight it means you
    > are technically an illegal alien.
    >
    > As such, we have a problem with this - you cannot be allowed to wander
    > freely about the countryside, especially with your political ideals,
    > spreading malcontent amongst the peasant population. Also, as you are
    > technically an illegal alien but were permitted to enter the country
    > legally and with our permission we cannot deport you.
    >
    > We therefore submit to you this suggestion. You surrender yourself to
    > us at this address :
    >
    > Canadian Repatriation And Population, Barrack #4152, Ottawa Airbase.
    >
    > From here, you will be stripped of your possessions and processed. You
    > will then be transferred to a secret location where you will be given
    > free legal advice and parachute training.
    >
    > After your 3-week induction course you will be flown to the coast of
    > Jakarta where you will parachute to the ground at night, and will be
    > contacted by one of our operatives, who will take you to a safe-house.
    > When the threat of any danger has been assessed you will be
    > repatriated with your family, who have been informed of your return.
    > Your younger brother is being held with your family's permission
    > until it can be confirmed you have no intention of returning to
    > Canada.
    >
    > Please surrender yourself within 48 hours of the sending of this
    > email.
    >
    > All your affairs will be sorted for you by our Possessions and
    > Repatriation Team.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Miller (Agent B15)

    Where *do* you get them from?
    rofl msao
    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Bryan

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    > for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    > immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    > Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    > or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    > resident.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help,
    >
    > Preet

    Oh, and by the way, your clock's wrong!
    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003
  11. Bryan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Preet Chawla
    >> continued:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of country
    >>> for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning resident. The
    >>> immigration officer stamped my landed documents mentioning the same.
    >>> Is it ok to apply for citizenship now counting from my landing date
    >>> or will I have to count from the day I was admitted as returning
    >>> resident.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >>>
    >>> Preet

    >> Dear Mrs Chawla
    >>
    >> Please accept my humblest apologies for not informing you sooner, but
    >> unfortunately the Head of Immigration has decided that as you are not
    >> a citizen and did not originate here, you could not be admitted as a
    >> returning resident. Unfortunately due to this oversight it means you
    >> are technically an illegal alien.
    >>
    >> As such, we have a problem with this - you cannot be allowed to
    >> wander freely about the countryside, especially with your political
    >> ideals, spreading malcontent amongst the peasant population. Also,
    >> as you are technically an illegal alien but were permitted to enter
    >> the country legally and with our permission we cannot deport you.
    >>
    >> We therefore submit to you this suggestion. You surrender yourself to
    >> us at this address :
    >>
    >> Canadian Repatriation And Population, Barrack #4152, Ottawa Airbase.
    >>
    >> From here, you will be stripped of your possessions and processed.
    >> You will then be transferred to a secret location where you will be
    >> given free legal advice and parachute training.
    >>
    >> After your 3-week induction course you will be flown to the coast of
    >> Jakarta where you will parachute to the ground at night, and will be
    >> contacted by one of our operatives, who will take you to a
    >> safe-house. When the threat of any danger has been assessed you will
    >> be repatriated with your family, who have been informed of your
    >> return. Your younger brother is being held with your family's
    >> permission until it can be confirmed you have no intention of
    >> returning to Canada.
    >>
    >> Please surrender yourself within 48 hours of the sending of this
    >> email.
    >>
    >> All your affairs will be sorted for you by our Possessions and
    >> Repatriation Team.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Miller (Agent B15)

    > Where *do* you get them from?
    > rofl msao

    Based on my past life as an International drug smuggler, CIA operative,
    MI6 undercover agent and driver for Alan Titchmarsh.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 14, 2003
  12. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:
    >
    >> "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Preet Chawla
    >>> continued:

    >>> Dear Mrs Chawla
    >>>
    >>> Please accept my humblest apologies for not informing you sooner,
    >>> but unfortunately the Head of Immigration has decided that as you
    >>> are not a citizen and did not originate here, you could not be
    >>> admitted as a returning resident. Unfortunately due to this
    >>> oversight it means you are technically an illegal alien.
    >>>
    >>> As such, we have a problem with this - you cannot be allowed to
    >>> wander freely about the countryside, especially with your political
    >>> ideals, spreading malcontent amongst the peasant population. Also,
    >>> as you are technically an illegal alien but were permitted to enter
    >>> the country legally and with our permission we cannot deport you.
    >>>
    >>> We therefore submit to you this suggestion. You surrender yourself
    >>> to us at this address :
    >>>
    >>> Canadian Repatriation And Population, Barrack #4152, Ottawa Airbase.
    >>>
    >>> From here, you will be stripped of your possessions and processed.
    >>> You will then be transferred to a secret location where you will be
    >>> given free legal advice and parachute training.
    >>>
    >>> After your 3-week induction course you will be flown to the coast of
    >>> Jakarta where you will parachute to the ground at night, and will be
    >>> contacted by one of our operatives, who will take you to a
    >>> safe-house. When the threat of any danger has been assessed you will
    >>> be repatriated with your family, who have been informed of your
    >>> return. Your younger brother is being held with your family's
    >>> permission until it can be confirmed you have no intention of
    >>> returning to Canada.
    >>>
    >>> Please surrender yourself within 48 hours of the sending of this
    >>> email.
    >>>
    >>> All your affairs will be sorted for you by our Possessions and
    >>> Repatriation Team.
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>>
    >>> Miller (Agent B15)

    >> Where *do* you get them from?
    >> rofl msao

    > Based on my past life as an International drug smuggler, CIA
    > operative, MI6 undercover agent and driver for Alan Titchmarsh.

    Ahhh! Explains all! That Titmarsh! :)
    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003
  13. Bryan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:

    >> Based on my past life as an International drug smuggler, CIA
    >> operative, MI6 undercover agent and driver for Alan Titchmarsh.

    > Ahhh! Explains all! That Titmarsh! :)

    Not so much Titchmarsh but agent Dimmock has a shady past.

    You didn't think it was /really/ a gardening programme did you ? Check
    out the bugs in Mandela's mansion ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 14, 2003
  14. Bryan

    Boomer Guest

    Bryan wrote:

    > "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of
    >> country for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning
    >> resident. The immigration officer stamped my landed documents
    >> mentioning the same. Is it ok to apply for citizenship now
    >> counting from my landing date or will I have to count from the
    >> day I was admitted as returning resident.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >>
    >> Preet

    > Oh, and by the way, your clock's wrong!

    Thank you, Bryan. <bg>

    ;-)
    Boomer, Oct 14, 2003
  15. Bryan

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Boomer said:

    (snip)

    > Thank you, Bryan. <bg>
    >
    > ;-)

    *eg*
    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003
  16. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > Bryan wrote:
    >
    >> "Preet Chawla" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have completed 1095 days in last 4 years but I was out of
    >>> country for 197 days in 2001 and was admitted as a returning
    >>> resident. The immigration officer stamped my landed documents
    >>> mentioning the same. Is it ok to apply for citizenship now
    >>> counting from my landing date or will I have to count from the
    >>> day I was admitted as returning resident.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance for your help,
    >>>
    >>> Preet

    >> Oh, and by the way, your clock's wrong!

    > Thank you, Bryan. <bg>
    >
    > ;-)

    YW :)
    ;)
    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003
  17. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:
    >
    >>> Based on my past life as an International drug smuggler, CIA
    >>> operative, MI6 undercover agent and driver for Alan Titchmarsh.

    >> Ahhh! Explains all! That Titmarsh! :)

    > Not so much Titchmarsh but agent Dimmock has a shady past.
    >
    > You didn't think it was /really/ a gardening programme did you ? Check
    > out the bugs in Mandela's mansion ;-)

    Well it is in SA, hot country, lotsa bugs :eek:)
    Bryan, Oct 14, 2003
  18. Bryan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:

    >> Not so much Titchmarsh but agent Dimmock has a shady past.
    >>
    >> You didn't think it was /really/ a gardening programme did you ?
    >> Check out the bugs in Mandela's mansion ;-)

    > Well it is in SA, hot country, lotsa bugs :eek:)

    Non-organic ones ;-)
    slumpy, Oct 14, 2003
  19. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Bryan continued:
    >
    >>> Not so much Titchmarsh but agent Dimmock has a shady past.
    >>>
    >>> You didn't think it was /really/ a gardening programme did you ?
    >>> Check out the bugs in Mandela's mansion ;-)

    >> Well it is in SA, hot country, lotsa bugs :eek:)

    > Non-organic ones ;-)

    Bugs with pesticide! 8-o

    Preet Chawla, Oct 14, 2003