    'trumboned' his internet link via their gear. Or is it just the usual
    crummy international serrvice Kiwis experience. Which seems more
    plausible?
    peterwn, Oct 6, 2012

  2. On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 20:10:52 -0700 (PDT), peterwn
    <> wrote:

    >Mr Dotcom has a very high speed internet link from his humble abode to
    >Sky City Tower (presumably microwave). However latency went to pot
    >which was awkward for his game playing. Suggestion is that GSCB
    >'trumboned' his internet link via their gear. Or is it just the usual
    >crummy international serrvice Kiwis experience. Which seems more
    >plausible?

    Have a read of this

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/05/dotcom_connection_ping_november_2011/

    To me its a Total cover up the FBI ordered the spying, Keys a yank
    lover, yanks said jump and NZ did.
    Frank Williams, Oct 6, 2012

  3. peterwn

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-10-06, peterwn <> wrote:
    > Mr Dotcom has a very high speed internet link from his humble abode to
    > Sky City Tower (presumably microwave). However latency went to pot
    > which was awkward for his game playing. Suggestion is that GSCB
    > 'trumboned' his internet link via their gear. Or is it just the usual
    > crummy international serrvice Kiwis experience. Which seems more
    > plausible?

    To whom?
    Gordon, Oct 6, 2012
  4. peterwn

    peterwn Guest

    On Oct 6, 4:49 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 20:10:52 -0700 (PDT), peterwn
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Mr Dotcom has a very high speed internet link from his humble abode to
    > >Sky City Tower (presumably microwave). However latency went to pot
    > >which was awkward for his game playing. Suggestion is that GSCB
    > >'trumboned' his internet link via their gear. Or is it just the usual
    > >crummy international serrvice Kiwis experience. Which seems more
    > >plausible?

    > Have a read of this
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/10/05/dotcom_connection_ping_novemb...
    >
    > To me its a Total cover up the FBI ordered the spying, Keys a yank
    > lover, yanks said jump and NZ did.

    OK that is your opinion. The 'Register' does not say for certain
    whether GSCB carried out that intercept. Installing an intercept to
    'trumbone' traffic via GSCB equipment (as distinct from 'sipping'
    traffic) would not be a trivial exercise and would seem difficult to
    keep covered up from telecommunication company staff.

    Helen Clark could have found herself in a very similar pickle if
    something similar happened on her watch.
    peterwn, Oct 6, 2012
  5. peterwn

    Squiggle Guest

    On 6/10/2012 5:51 p.m., peterwn threw some characters down the intarwebs:

    > OK that is your opinion. The 'Register' does not say for certain
    > whether GSCB carried out that intercept. Installing an intercept to
    > 'trumbone' traffic via GSCB equipment (as distinct from 'sipping'
    > traffic) would not be a trivial exercise and would seem difficult to
    > keep covered up from telecommunication company staff.

    Impossible to hide from good telco staff (if they bother to look), but
    that is what warrants/interception orders are for in the first place.
    Still, 150ms of lag and three extra hops visible in a (presumably layer
    3) trace is technical ineptitude on a grand scale, if it was in fact the
    GCSB.

    > Helen Clark could have found herself in a very similar pickle if
    > something similar happened on her watch.

    Lol, never can resist a chance to trumpet your Labour Bad, National Good
    dogma can you Peter. You are just as tedious as Newless.

    Labour Bad, National just another flavour of bad IMO.
    Squiggle, Oct 6, 2012
  6. peterwn

    peterwn Guest

    On Oct 6, 6:27 pm, Donchano <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 18:12:55 +1300, Squiggle <>
    > shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    > >> Helen Clark could have found herself in a very similar pickle if
    > >> something similar happened on her watch.

    > >Lol, never can resist a chance to trumpet your Labour Bad, National Good
    > >dogma can you Peter.  You are just as tedious as Newless.

    > Personal political preferences aside, are you saying that Helen Clark
    > wouldn't have found herself in a very similar pickle if something
    > similar had happened on her watch?

    ????????????? All things equal, she would have been in a similar
    pickle. She might have cut short extradition proceedings (and avoided
    the problem), she might have told the public that GSCB had goofed, or
    she might have simply shut up about the GSCB blunder.

    It is also worth noting that her Labour government was pretty hot on
    copyright, eg 'section 92A' had its genesis with a Labour government
    (someone correct me, please, if there is a bit of 'brain fade' on my
    part with this) and Helen's government also banned the parallel
    importing of movie DVD's at the behest of the movie industry.
    peterwn, Oct 6, 2012
  7. peterwn

    Enkidu Guest

    On 06/10/12 16:10, peterwn wrote:
    > Mr Dotcom has a very high speed internet link from his humble abode to
    > Sky City Tower (presumably microwave). However latency went to pot
    > which was awkward for his game playing. Suggestion is that GSCB
    > 'trumboned' his internet link via their gear. Or is it just the usual
    > crummy international serrvice Kiwis experience. Which seems more
    > plausible?

    It's easy enough to check.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Oct 6, 2012
  8. peterwn

    Titus G Guest

    peterwn wrote:
    > On Oct 6, 6:27 pm, Donchano <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 18:12:55 +1300, Squiggle <>
    >> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >>> Lol, never can resist a chance to trumpet your Labour Bad, National
    >>> Good dogma can you Peter. You are just as tedious as Newless.

    >> Personal political preferences aside, are you saying that Helen Clark
    >> wouldn't have found herself in a very similar pickle if something
    >> similar had happened on her watch?

    > ????????????? All things equal, she would have been in a similar
    > pickle. She might have cut short extradition proceedings (and avoided
    > the problem), she might have told the public that GSCB had goofed, or
    > she might have simply shut up about the GSCB blunder.

    > It is also worth noting that her Labour government was pretty hot on
    > copyright, eg 'section 92A' had its genesis with a Labour government
    > (someone correct me, please, if there is a bit of 'brain fade' on my
    > part with this) and Helen's government also banned the parallel
    > importing of movie DVD's at the behest of the movie industry.

    "Ironically, that was introduced when Helen Clark was told that local
    content quotas like those which support Australia's film and music
    industries would breach a commitment National made secretly when the World
    Trade Organisation was formed in 1995."
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=10839218
    Titus G, Oct 8, 2012
  9. peterwn

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Squiggle wrote:
    [snip content relevant to this group]
    > Lol, never can resist a chance to trumpet your Labour Bad, National
    > Good dogma can you Peter. You are just as tedious as Newless.
    >
    > Labour Bad, National just another flavour of bad IMO.

    I couldn't agree more. I don't know why we spend millions on the whole
    political system frankly. IMO it (and it's election [read: vote-buying]
    promises) eats probably half of the country's GDP.

    I don't know what's a viable option but I sure wish someone would come up
    with one quickly. I'm in my 50s, haven't missed voting in an election in my
    life and am thoroughly sick of it. It's a bloody circus - and a hugely
    expensive one at that.

    What about having public servants running the country, with major decisions
    being put to the people via the internet (with free access at libraries for
    the purpose)? We could 'elect' a person to represent the country at
    international events (but have no power, other than reporting to the public
    servants) every three years.

    Sorry for the OT rant, I'm just *so* *sick* of politics and politicians.....
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)