    essentially "interfaceless".

    Thanks in advance.

    , Oct 5, 2007

  2. Merv Guest

    On Oct 4, 9:19 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have am converting a number of our sites from priority queue based
    > QOS to MQC based QOS. Previously we were marking packets generated by
    > the local router using "ip local policy route-map". How does MQC based
    > QOS treat locally generated packets? I can't see how they could be
    > marked using MQC based QOS because the policies need to be associated
    > with interfaces and packets generated by the local router are
    > essentially "interfaceless".
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    perhaps control plane policing (CPP)

    Configuring Control Plane Policing on Output ICMP Traffic: Example
    The following example shows how to apply a QoS policy for aggregate CP
    services to Telnet traffic transmitted from the control plane. Trusted
    networks with source addresses 3.3.3.0 and 4.4.4.0 receive Internet
    Control Management Protocol (ICMP) port-unreachable responses without
    constraint, while allowing all remaining ICMP port-unreachable

    ! Allow 3.3.3.0 trusted network traffic.
    Router(config)# access-list 141 deny icmp 3.3.3.0 0.0.0.255 any port-
    unreachable
    ! Allow 4.4.4.0 trusted network traffic.
    Router(config)# access-list 141 deny icmp 4.4.4.0 0.0.0.255 any port-
    unreachable
    ! Rate limit all other ICMP traffic.
    Router(config)# access-list 141 permit icmp any any port-unreachable
    Router(config)# class-map icmp-class
    Router(config-cmap)# match access-group 141
    Router(config-cmap)# exit
    Router(config)# policy-map control-plane-out
    ! Drop all traffic that matches the class "icmp-class."
    Router(config-pmap)# class icmp-class
    Router(config-pmap-c)# drop
    Router(config-pmap-c)# exit
    Router(config-pmap)# exit
    Router(config)# control-plane
    ! Define aggregate control plane service for the active route
    processor.
    Router(config-cp)# service-policy output control-plane-out
    Router(config-cp)# exit

    Merv, Oct 5, 2007

  3. Guest

    Thanks for your comments Merv. Control plane policing works great
    where you need to protect the central packet processing engine in a
    switch or router from DOS attacks coming in on the line cards. It is
    not really what I am after here, since I am interested in QOS'ing
    traffic originated by the router that travels over the WAN.

    I guess I'll stick with a local policy route map.

    Thanks for your time.

    , Oct 9, 2007