  1. hakim soso

    hakim soso Guest

    I want to know which one of Cisco routers supporting MPLS?
    hakim soso, Sep 27, 2004

  2. hakim soso

    stephen Guest

    Hakim

    "hakim soso" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I want to know which one of Cisco routers supporting MPLS

    it depends which bits of MPLS you mean
    - frame or cell?
    - CE / PE / P router modes?
    - the various useful add ons, such as VPNs?

    having said all that - any router can be a CE (since they dont have to do
    label switching).

    Some such as 2600s and up, can do vrf lite, where they support multiple
    VPNs.

    PE / P routers include 7200s, 7500s, 7600s, 10ks, GSRs

    --
    Regards

    stephen, Sep 27, 2004

  3. hakim soso

    micke Guest

    good quiz and I would like a official cisco reason for this.

    official cisco support or what is working in the code ?

    cisco say there is only support for the high end products
    but the code is in a lot of low and midrange platforms to

    /micke

    micke, Sep 27, 2004
  4. hakim soso

    hakim soso Guest

    "stephen" <> wrote in message news:<XPZ5d.130$%>...
    > Hakim
    >
    > "hakim soso" <> wrote in message
    > > I want to know which one of Cisco routers supporting MPLS

    > it depends which bits of MPLS you mean
    > - frame or cell?
    > - CE / PE / P router modes?
    > - the various useful add ons, such as VPNs?
    >
    > having said all that - any router can be a CE (since they dont have to do
    > label switching).
    >
    > Some such as 2600s and up, can do vrf lite, where they support multiple
    > VPNs.
    >
    > PE / P routers include 7200s, 7500s, 7600s, 10ks, GSRs

    Can you tell me plz what is the difference between 7200 & 7200s ?
    hakim soso, Sep 29, 2004
  5. hakim soso

    Neil Cherry Guest

    On 29 Sep 2004 10:30:22 -0700, hakim soso wrote:
    > "stephen" <> wrote in message news:<XPZ5d.130$%>...
    >> Hakim
    >>
    >> "hakim soso" <> wrote in message
    >> > I want to know which one of Cisco routers supporting MPLS

    >> it depends which bits of MPLS you mean
    >> - frame or cell?
    >> - CE / PE / P router modes?
    >> - the various useful add ons, such as VPNs?
    >>
    >> having said all that - any router can be a CE (since they dont have to do
    >> label switching).
    >>
    >> Some such as 2600s and up, can do vrf lite, where they support multiple
    >> VPNs.
    >>
    >> PE / P routers include 7200s, 7500s, 7600s, 10ks, GSRs

    > Can you tell me plz what is the difference between 7200 & 7200s ?

    No difference, the 7200 is singular (as in 1 7206 or 7204) and the
    7200s is plural (as in 2 or more 7206 routers). If your asking about
    the 72xx family vs. one of the other routers then visit Cisco's web
    site as the differences are numerous.

    --
    Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
    http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
    Neil Cherry, Sep 30, 2004
  6. hakim soso

    hakim soso Guest

    Neil Cherry <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 29 Sep 2004 10:30:22 -0700, hakim soso wrote:
    > > "stephen" <> wrote in message news:<XPZ5d.130$%>...
    > >> Hakim
    > >>
    > >> "hakim soso" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> it depends which bits of MPLS you mean
    > >> - frame or cell?
    > >> - CE / PE / P router modes?
    > >> - the various useful add ons, such as VPNs?
    > >>
    > >> having said all that - any router can be a CE (since they dont have to do
    > >> label switching).
    > >>
    > >> Some such as 2600s and up, can do vrf lite, where they support multiple
    > >> VPNs.
    > >>
    > >> PE / P routers include 7200s, 7500s, 7600s, 10ks, GSRs

    > > Can you tell me plz what is the difference between 7200 & 7200s ?

    > No difference, the 7200 is singular (as in 1 7206 or 7204) and the
    > 7200s is plural (as in 2 or more 7206 routers). If your asking about
    > the 72xx family vs. one of the other routers then visit Cisco's web
    > site as the differences are numerous.

    But how can I know if my 7200VXR IOS support MPLS or not ?
    hakim soso, Oct 1, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    hakim soso <> wrote:
    :But how can I know if my 7200VXR IOS support MPLS or not ?

    Use the Feature Navigator.

    http://www.cisco.com/go/fn

    --
    Disobey all self-referential sentences!
    Walter Roberson, Oct 1, 2004
  8. hakim soso

    Ben Guest

    Generally you would need the provider or enterprise versions.
    (p-mz or js-mz I think)

    Ben, Oct 6, 2004