    Are there any security related MPLS configuration gotchas or is MPLS
    security bound by the tying down of the hardware configuration etc.
    rather than protocol specific?
    Pigpenn, May 3, 2005

  2. Pigpenn

    Toby Guest

    "Pigpenn" <> wrote in message
    news:42779bbd$0$2061$...
    > Are there any security related MPLS configuration gotchas or is MPLS
    > security bound by the tying down of the hardware configuration etc. rather
    > than protocol specific?

    I don't know of any company or Telco that runs MPLS or tag switching to
    other AS so the protocol should be safe itself. And as the biggest use for
    MPLS is the creation of VPN's it enhances security although only if
    configured correctly. Mis-configuration could cause route leakage.

    Regards

    Toby
    Toby, May 3, 2005

  3. Pigpenn