MPLS fees ?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by mrambil, Dec 6, 2005.

  1. mrambil

    mrambil Guest

    Hi,
    I don't know if this is the right group to post my question, but
    anyway...

    We're working on a study case for an engineer school in Lyon, France.
    We have to simulate a migration from leased lines network to a MPLS
    architecture.
    We have to connect 9 locations through Europe : Havrant(UK),
    Lyon(FR), Rome, Cosalda (ES), Madrid, Copenhague, Herne (DE),
    Amsterdam, Brussels. The service must include QoS (several flow
    priority classes, i.e. High, Med, Low, etc.), backup links for each
    location and scalability (should be able to increase throughput of a
    specific link).

    To make a serious work, we should include some fees/charges in our
    proposal.

    Do you have _ANY_ idea of what the fees would be if we chose a telco
    like Equant, Colt, or Cable&Wireless for example ? Maybe some of you
    can redirect me to the right group...

    Thanks,
    Regards,

    Mohamed Rambil

    mrambil, Dec 6, 2005

  2. mrambil

    Guest

    mrambil <> wrote:
    > I don't know if this is the right group to post my question, but
    > anyway...

    Well, posting the same question to several different groups isn't really
    very clever. If you really needed to ask in different groups you should
    be cross-posting, not multi-posting.

    > To make a serious work, we should include some fees/charges in our
    > proposal.

    Then ask some suppliers.

    Chris

    , Dec 7, 2005

  3. mrambil

    mrambil Guest

    You are right about multiple posting, it's neither smart nor clever.

    I asked suppliers for prices a few days ago and I am still waiting foar
    an answer. I think I won't have any...

    Anyway, I can wait.

    Regards,

    Mo

    mrambil, Dec 7, 2005
  4. mrambil

    stephen Guest

    "mrambil" <> wrote in message
    > You are right about multiple posting, it's neither smart nor clever.
    >
    > I asked suppliers for prices a few days ago and I am still waiting foar
    > an answer. I think I won't have any...

    some suppliers may suspect you are a competitor pretending to be a student.

    try asking for their published pricing - or check the web sites for that.

    FWIW costs at work for UK MPLS vary depending on what you want, speeds of
    links, whether it includes CPE routers, how big the network will be, and so
    on.

    you arent goingto get much useful info unless you specify fairly tightly
    what you want.

    e.g - what speed lines.
    QoS and how much high priority traffic.
    resilience - dual links, dual Po P connections from a site.
    how long a contract (to offset the capital and start up costs)

    and if you want high speed connections (say 34 Mbps and up), then the cost
    may depend on exactly where the site is (ie. whether there is fibre into the
    building that the carrier owns / can rent, or nearby, and . or distance to
    the local PoP).

    international will add some dependencies on the available costs of
    connectivity between the affected countries.

    > Anyway, I can wait.

    the most common answer is "it depends"....

    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl

    stephen, Dec 10, 2005
  5. mrambil

    mrambil Guest

    Hi !

    > "mrambil" <> wrote in message
    > > You are right about multiple posting, it's neither smart nor clever.
    > >
    > > I asked suppliers for prices a few days ago and I am still waiting foar
    > > an answer. I think I won't have any...

    > some suppliers may suspect you are a competitor pretending to be a student.

    Right, I thought about it, but provided some personal information (real
    name, address, phone number) so that they could check I am not a
    competitor. I think they just don't want to waste any time, neither
    with competitors nor students.

    > try asking for their published pricing - or check the web sites for that.

    Did that too, still no answer...

    > FWIW costs at work for UK MPLS vary depending on what you want, speeds of
    > links, whether it includes CPE routers, how big the network will be, and so
    > on.
    >
    > you arent goingto get much useful info unless you specify fairly tightly
    > what you want.
    >
    > e.g - what speed lines.
    > QoS and how much high priority traffic.
    > resilience - dual links, dual Po P connections from a site.
    > how long a contract (to offset the capital and start up costs)

    I sent a detailed request for information to the telcos, if you want to
    see it just drop me an email.

    > and if you want high speed connections (say 34 Mbps and up), then the cost
    > may depend on exactly where the site is (ie. whether there is fibre into the
    > building that the carrier owns / can rent, or nearby, and . or distance to
    > the local PoP).

    All the telcos I checked had PoPs within 50 km around our locations.

    > international will add some dependencies on the available costs of
    > connectivity between the affected countries.
    > >
    > > Anyway, I can wait.

    > the most common answer is "it depends"....

    True, definitely true. That's what we tell our clients when they ask us
    for some prices (I do sandwich courses in a computer services company)
    :p

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Mo

    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > - replace xyz with ntl

    May the force be with you (and a little with us).
    Cheers,
    Mohamed

    mrambil, Jan 5, 2006